Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, August 14, 2021

SHABBAT BLESSINGS/Pt. 2 ~ Julia Butler Hansen Game Refuge

After I left Skamokawa Vista Park, I turned the Highlander towards the river hike at the Julia Butler Hansen Game Refuge. It was a good day for a relaxing walk.

I drove past the Redmen Hall along the short hop-skip-and jump to my destination.

Redmen Hall & Skamokawa Fair Dates; spur to Sleepy Hallow, Middle Valley, Skamokawa.

I hadn’t eaten anything yet, so I stopped at what used to be known as ‘Hoby’s Store’, and grabbed a 3 Musketeer Bar to munch while I walked. I planned on having lunch at the Duck Inn afterwards, so I didn’t want to eat anything filling just yet πŸ˜‰

Used to be Hoby's Store; that is how I always think of it, doesn't matter what it is called today.
Where my bio-father's siblings lived in Skamokawa.
 The old river tavern & brothel; revamped, but still a shady lady. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4I-0U2I0qg)
New Business name.
Remodeled, and unrecognizable; no resemblance at all to the original design.

The kayak place used to be a riverfront tavern/brothel around the turn of the last century … and it was pretty dilapidated, and dangerous in places (missing floor boards, missing steps, rotten river piers, ect.) when I was a kid; we were all forbidden to be near it – but because it was forbidden, that’s where we all wanted to be; and where we were πŸ˜‰

Thank the Lord, Elohim protected us in our youthful foolishness and rebellion.

A tree leaning heavily over the roadway made me nervous – but I drove under it anyway, staying ‘in the moment’: next time, I will drive in from the other end of the Refuge, and park by Hornstra’s Beach.

A leaning tree made me nervous driving under it ...

As I walked ... I thought about yesterday – and tried not to get too upset about the way the obamanites are ruining life at every turn with their tyrannical power-grabs, and maniacal mandates.

They may think they are gods … BUT Elohim STILL reigns; and HE decides what is best for my life – and gives me the freedom to move in any direction. I always chose His Way: Elohim has never failed me. Ever. His Way can be trusted 100%

I don’t have to understand it – I just have to trust Him, and have faith for the outcome. I’ve never been sorry that I trusted Him will all aspects of my life. I've only ever regretted running ahead of Him, and trying to outdistance His Plan.

I know people think I’m out of touch with reality: I don’t care what they think.

I know what I know.

I know my life is blessed.

I am content in whatever circumstance/situation I find my life in.

I do not need to know the future to enjoy life in the moment 😊

House selling & house hunting has been sidelined.
I'll just stay where I'm at.
Things could be worse.

Only an enormous ego believes it has the confidence to beat death. Nothing/nobody beats death – when it’s your time, the Grim Reaper comes calling: masks, 6-ft. distances, shut down mandates, or vaccine political hardball: everyone dies, no matter how hard they try to throw a 7 or an 11; political talking heads aiming for a winning run are only fooling themselves – and science “facts” drip from lying lips playing whore to political dogs.

The economy is in freefall … and biden is ‘on vacation’. {Vacation} from what! All the hellish mischief he and his obamanite hounds from Hell have stirred up for the past 5 years – more specifically, since the obamanite January 6th coup, with him as top billing ventriloquist talking head?

biden is ‘out to lunch’ on any day; but now, with the world in chaos – quickly moving towards war/wildfires with no end in sight, thanks to the deadhead ‘forest management’ MISmanagement/crisis at the southern border/and the economy in frenzied knots, thanks to the demonrat power grabs … he decides he needs a vacation.

That obamanite moron needs to be dethroned, and a REAL President (the one actually voted for) sworn in, before obama and his delusional talking heads seriously destroy America – and the lives of Americans.

Yet, despite our nation’s dire circumstances, Elohei blesses those who put their trust in Him.

There is nothing new under the sun: what is happening as happened time and time again throughout the History of mankind.

I really have a good life - Bob provided well for me.
Thankful for the life I have been blessed to enjoy.
I saw a ship in the distance; it was moving right along, at a pretty good clip ...

I took my time enjoying life as it unfolded, as I walked the trail.

The hike was restorative.

The temperature was a nice 73-degrees along the river.

The early morning dream that had jolted me awake with tears, had evaporated as the day progressed.

My God is a good God.

I was enjoying a Shabbat of remembered blessing.

I was enjoying a Shabbat of unfolding blessing.

My heart, and steps, were light 😊

A swallowtail Butterfly.
The soft sounds of frogs along the river; frogs can whistle, croak, ribbit, peep, cluck, bark, and grunt: this afternoon, they softly peeped and trilled.
Turkey buzzards.
Turkey buzzards are 2-toned brown, with a red head.
The ship was making good time as I dawdled.
The hazy gray sky seemed ominous with all those buzzards flapping around ...
Roosting buzzards were kinda creepy - I kept reminding myself they are important in the grand scheme of things.
The ship caught up with me at the end of the short trail.
Delicate white blooms of the Arrowhead plant (aka; Duck Potato plant).
Bird sounds.
Another ship! This one headed downriver, to the ocean.
Ship sounding its horn.

I saw a black heron fly over my head – but it was too fast to get a picture!

Internet picture because my black heron was too fast ...

I didn’t even know there was such a bird πŸ˜‰

I moseyed along, enjoying the sights and sounds of river wildlife: yellow, and white butterflies darting here and there, and winged grasshoppers taking to the breeze when I got to close to them. Trilling frogs, chirping birds, and honking ships: it was a nice summer walk 😊

When the Refuge hike was finished, I stopped at the Duck Inn for a bite to eat before heading back to Longview.

As I started to sit at a booth, I noticed a familiar face a table ahead of me; it was Mary Johnson-Baldwin. We got up at the same time, and hugged each other, and engaged in a good, short visit – catching up on our lives since we last saw each other (1975, at my baby shower πŸ˜‰): I’m glad we ran into each other.

I felt blessed.

I love Mary – she is a good person to know.

I spent most of my early teen summers at her house in Middle Valley, Skamokawa.

Lunch (1/2) & Supper (1/2); Duck Inn Restaurant.

 

**SHABBAT BLESSINGS/Pt. 3 ~ Stella: https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2021/08/shabbat-blessingspt-3-stella.html

**SHABBAT BLESSINGS/Pt. 1 ~ Skamokawa Vista Park: https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2021/08/shabbat-blessingspt-1-skamokawa-vista.html

No comments:

Post a Comment