Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, August 14, 2021

SHABBAT BLESSINGS/Pt. 3 ~ Stella

Today, from start to finish (except for the dream that jolted me awake), was a good day 😊

I was blessed; and refreshed.

On my way home, I decided to nip off at Stella, and take the higher Stella Road home – I hadn’t been on that road in decades, and I wanted to see if the foxgloves were still covering the hillside along the narrow upward roadway.

Lower Stella Road, at Stella.

The foxgloves were nowhere to be seen: that made me sad – the whole hillside used to be covered with them. The foxgloves, and the stately, turreted mansion near the top was always the draw of the drive.

I was thankful I did not meet a vehicle on the shoulderless, narrow 1-lane road; that was all I was thankful for as I continued to the top of the roadway.

The spiring foxgloves of memory were missing from the landscape … and the stately mansion I remember, has been sadly neglected in the present.

The hilltop mansion; at one time, it was very beautifully landscaped.
Fall Creek Junction from Germany Creek, on the left, joins to Upper Stella Road & ties into Eufaula Heights.
Germany Creek to Eufaula Heights; via Upper Stella Road & Eufaula Heights Road - 16 mins.
Fall Creek Road & Upper Stella Road; 4 mins.

Further along upper Stella Road, the belly-tickling road was still the same πŸ˜‰

Bob used to hit the gas fast and then let the forward moving 2-tone Ford do a stomach-dropping surge to the bottom before rushing upward at the bottom: wringing a belly-tickling sensation and a girlish scream of delight out of me.

The loooooong glide-ride. LOL

The glide-ride-road today did not wring forth the same feeling, this afternoon – I did not do a fast freefall … and there was no delighted girlish scream on my lips: Bob was not here to laugh with me.

This leg of the drive was filled with bittersweet memories: I was glad to get onto Coal Creek Road, and homeward.

I don’t know where all the wildfire haze is coming from, but it’s been hanging in the air for a few days; shrouding the atmosphere in a noticeable amber, gauzy, cloud cover.

And tonight, the moon was swathed in a red haze.

Hazy Red Moon tonight.

NO! I do not believe in the climate change BS being bullied about: the majority of the {wildfires} have been caused by careless humans, and politicians who salute, and ‘bend a knee’, to domestic terrorists who employ anarchists with a firebug bent.

Everything is right on schedule according to ancient prophecies that foretold of these daysTHAT, I believe in.

I believe it, because we are living it: in the moment.

The moment has been forewarned, so I do not stress about what will be played out.


**SHABBAT BLESSINGS/Pt. 2 ~ Julia Butler Hansen Game Refuge: https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2021/08/shabbat-blessingspt-2-julia-butler.html

**SHABBAT BLESSINGS/Pt. 1 ~ Skamokawa Vista Park: https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2021/08/shabbat-blessingspt-1-skamokawa-vista.html

No comments:

Post a Comment