Friday, June 21, 2019
I baked all day today.
First off, I made and baked Challah … (http://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2018/07/low-cholesterol-challah-shabbat-bread.html)
I normally braid my challah, but I was in a hurry this morning, so I skipped getting fancy and just baked the bread.
While the challah cooled, I got the strawberry bread – I have finally gathered enough strawberries for – underway. I have been faithfully checking and picking the strawberries I grow in my strawberry jar here at home, and was happy to see that there was the exact amount I needed for the recipe. I found a recipe for strawberry bread online, so this afternoon, the bread was made, cooled, and stored away in the freezer for a taste of summer in the winter months ahead.
The recipe is posted at the end of this post.
I substituted Stevia & yogurt for the sugar in the recipe. A LOT of stevia packets were used to equal the amount of sugar being substituted:
I also lined each mini loaf pan with foil to make cleanup quicker; it was tedious, but necessary as I am also very frugal, and want to reuse the pans ...
==Strawberry Bread Recipe ~6 mini loaf pans
· 3 cups all-purpose flour
36 to 48 individual Stevia serving packets (equals 2 cups regular granulated sugar original recipe calls for)
· 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
· 1 teaspoon Salt
· 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
· 1 cup Vegetable Oil
· 4 Eggs, lightly beaten
· 1 teaspoon Vanilla
· 2 1/2 cups diced Strawberries
· 6 ounces of Yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir in the vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla. The batter will be thick. Stir in the strawberries.
Elohim blessed me with just enough strawberries from the strawberry jar to make the bread with.
3. Place the batter in the prepared pans. Bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean – 35-45 minutes for small loaf pans or about 60 minutes for large loaf pans. Cool the loaves in the pans for 10-15 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Batter equally divided among mini loaf pans.
Strawberry bread baking; pans fit the oven with room to spare.
Foil removed came away cleanly from the bread.
Double wrapped & labeled for the freezer. These little loaves of summer goodness will be a very welcome taste of Summer in the Winter months.
Not only will these tasty summer-filled breads push back the gray days of winter months, they are also FULL of healthy goodness as this link explains: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/foods/strawberries