Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, November 28, 2019

THANKSGIVING 2019


The day – except for my niece’s ignorantly arrogant and misinformed morning upset (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/11/if-you-met-my-family-you-would.html), actually went pretty well. Thanks to kiona’s FB post, I was too angry to entertain a crying jag.

Death, apparently, brings out the worst in people; people who didn’t even KNOW us … either of us … beyond our names: they never took the time to get to know us, but all of a sudden – they are experts on our lives.

Anyway.

My Thanksgiving meal was a small one, and not very fancy:

Roasting Turkey breast; came in a cooking bag, and already seasoned. It was smaller than I anticipated.

While the turkey breast baked, I boiled 4 eggs for deviled eggs …


I got side tracked by a Youtube storyline, and the roast got a little over-done:

It was a bit overdone – but that’s okay with me. It wasn’t dry at all …

Roasted turkey breast cooling.


Waiting for the roast to come to room temperature, I mashed the cooled boiled egg yolks & flavored them with my own deviled concoction just thought of today (recipe follows at end of this post), & I cooked 1 medium potato & reheated a 1-serving portion of the sweet potato/carrot casserole I had previously baked …


While the potato cooked, I froze half the desserts I bought while in town yesterday (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/11/increases-and-reductions.html):


I slipped the desserts into the upright freezer to ‘set up’; then, I pulled my Thanksgiving meal together …

My very simple low-key Thanksgiving meal completed: Turkey & gravy; mashed potato, sweet potato casserole & my own ‘Val’s Spicy Hot Deviled Eggs’ (I made up the recipe today) – it is delish ;-)

And I sent a short video out to the granddaughters to assure them I am indeed eating balanced meals, and I’m really doing okay – all things considered ;-)

I watched a movie on Youtube with snowy mountains in it because Bob usually took me into the mountains this time of year for my annual snow fix ... and I was missing the snowy trip :-(

My supper plate, with a dill pickle added. I had a slice of Pumpkin Pie w-Whipped cream too ;-)

Since there is only me kicking around the house lately, Supper was over pretty quick – cleanup done pretty quick too; so, I got busy getting temptation out of the way. LOL

Turkey meals portioned out in individual servings for 9 future meals.
Turkey meal #1: Roasted turkey breast, mashed spuds & gravy, green beans with bacon bits, half a butter croissant, & 1 piece of pumpkin pie w-whipped cream.
Turkey meal #2: Roasted turkey breast, mashed spuds & gravy, green beans with bacon bits, half croissant, & 1 piece of New York cheesecake.
An entire meal wrapped tight and ready for the freezer ...

It’s pitch-black outside now, I’m fat and sassy, the kitchen is cleaned up, dishes have been done; and I believe I hear another Hallmark movie calling to me. I’m going to take a well-deserved break, and give my hands a rest now.

Tomorrow I start decorating for Christmas; not sure how festive I’ll feel, but I do want to get something put up and set out. Thanksgiving went pretty well – maybe Christmas will too :-D

**********

These deviled eggs are very flavorful and have enough spicy heat to have your tongue smiling ;-)

Bob would have loved this recipe. He liked spicy hot ... that's why he married me 44 years ago. LOL! I miss my man ...

==Val's Spicy Hot Deviled Eggs Recipe

4 hard-boiled Eggs – 1 Garlic clove, minced – 1 teaspoon Capers, drained – Dab of Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard – 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise – Paprika

Gently empty cooked egg yolks into a small bowl – set empty egg white shells aside to be filled. Mash yolk and following ingredients together until smooth and well blended. Spoon into egg white shells and dust with paprika. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment