Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, May 2, 2019

EXTERIOR HOUSE PAINTING – Day 3


It is finished!

All that is left to do is the LED Light touch-ups inside – and that is going to take longer than the fellas anticipated because I am not at all happy with the end result after they left.

When we did the outside walk around, I asked the fellas if they would be kind enough to help me move some things that are too heavy r bulky for me to move alone; they readily agreed:

I had the fella's move this deck hamper back in place.
I also had them touch this drain pipe up while the hamper was being placed: the white had run and it looked tacky, so I made them fix it for my peace of mind because my eyes would always be drawn to it since I knew it was there.
No more white smudge ... it was fixed 1st thing this morning; hallelujah!
Coho Bench put back in place. This bench always gets compliments.
House numbers painted and put back up ...
I am glad I got to keep this color scheme. I am a military brat and I liked the red-white-blue theme – that was one of the main selling points as far as I was concerned when we bought this place in 2017.
Bob would be happy I am taking care of business and shouldering solo home ownership as I believe he would be doing if he were still here with me.

On another note ...

Getting these LED lights taken care of has been a major pain in the keister. These lights were supposed to be taken care of the end of March/first of April (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/03/yesterday-was-very-busy-day-here-house.html) … and here it is already May and STILL NOT DONE! I am tired of living in a construction zone while the contractors chase big ticket jobs and put me on the back burner; my $$$$ is as good as anyone else’s. I don’t want to morph into a bitch: but I am teetering on the cusp and building up a head of steam. This really needs to get done or this little tea kettle is going to start whistling at ear-piercing level …

Most kitchen lights have been pulled AGAIN, and are stacked on the counter top.
So are the bathroom lights ...
Not happy that this light was overlooked this afternoon – that will put the end time schedule over-schedule. But Bob would not let this slide - neither will I.
Or this one. If I can see the cosmetic ugliness, so can everyone else >:-P
And this needs more textured plaster – a slap of paint won’t hide that tear. ((((HELLO!)))) It may seem like I am being persnickety, but if I ever decided to sell, prospecting buyers notice stuff like this: I DO
THIS is how the light rings should look before painting. The others NEED to be brought up to speed before the fells get paid. I am not going to fork out the moolah for a half-assed job.

Chasing the big ticket jobs is going to cost them if they don’t get serious about this one.

I may be short.

I may be old.

But I can still make myself be heard.

And I learned how to wrap up loose ends from my Grandma Brockway, who didn’t let anyone walk all over her; or hers.

Just sayin’.

Tread carefully fellas … and g.e.t.e.r.d.o.ne.a.l.r.e.a.d.y.

I don’t want to get bitchy, but I will if I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment