Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, September 23, 2021

DOWNTOWN DAY

This morning I woke up to rain drops dancing across the roof, and racing down the gutter pipe.

Fall has arrived in the PNW.

The rain is welcome (so far); we had precious little of it in the Spring, and none this Summer. We need the rain.

I thought about laying in bed until very late morning: but the dust on the car is getting thick … and the hard-falling-rain could do wonders in sluing the majority of it away; so, I got dressed – and drove to exercise class in Castle Rock, instead πŸ˜‰

On the downside of Delameter Road, I heard on the radio, that yesterday boris johnson called biden “a living deity. 

{{boris said: “… you’re a living deity” … 

biden replied: “I am”}} 

WHAT????

I couldn't believe what I was hearing!

It's ludicrous.

It's shameful.

It's blasphemous.

It's embarassing.

I turned the radio off.

After exercise class, I drove to the Country Folks Deli to get a bowl of soup: I had Broccoli Cheddar – SO GOOD 😊

Broccoli-Cheddar Soup; thick & creamily chunky.
Meaty pieces of mushrooms - fat slices of carrots - big chunks of broccoli bits.

I’ve always liked eating here – Bob & I were among the first customers when it opened in the 1980’s, with the original owners.

And I like it now, with the new owners: they are so interactive – and really fun people to be around 😊

My table view this afternoon; Commerce Street, in Longview, WA
I sat in the front section today; the big windows are nice for reading.
I like the farm style vibe; and the family atmosphere from owners & staff.
The awning was repositioned to cut the glare while I read; it was a nice thing done for me.
The owner interacts with every customer; and is known to dance & sing spontaneously.

I like the music that is always playing in the background.

My feet were dancing under the table, this afternoon; while I read, and ate 😊

Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose – “Treat Her Like A Lady”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6_PmccPnJU

When I finished lunch, I drove 5 minutes up the street, to play a couple games of pool: the balls went exactly where I wanted them – I felt like ‘Minnesota Fats’ πŸ˜‰

I don’t play for $$$.

Bob played for $$$, for a while.

I won’t play in tournaments: I’m not interested in group competitions. I don’t need, or want team members depending on me – with my asthma, I’m undependable. I don’t need to be guilt-tripped when I have a bad day.

Bob played in tournaments for a while – he liked group activities, and engaged in competition; I believe he gave his pool stick to Alex when he stopped playing in group competitions.

I play because I like shooting pool: $$$, and cloak & dagger tournaments don’t interest me. But, I admit, I do give myself mental high-5’s when the games go like they did this afternoon πŸ˜‰

Fats playing Pool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzm3tPIGt6M

My father, in the 1960’s, actually played a few games with Fats when Fats was playing for fun in a couple taverns in Minnesota. In our early years of marriage, Bob and I used to watch Fats play in televised pool tournaments.

When I got back home, I started setting out my Fall dΓ©cor.

Tomorrow, if it doesn’t rain, I will pull the onions and carrots out of the garden area; and start covering the garden boxes with mesh net to keep the prowling cats out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment