Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, May 2, 2019

BAGGIED SEEDLINGS STARTED


Being as it is already the first week of May and I like to have my garden planted by Mother’s Day at the latest, I started my baggied seedlings this afternoon after the fella’s pulled stakes and knocked off for the day (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/05/exterior-house-painting-day-3.html).

The baggied seedlings should be sprouted and ready to plant by Mother’s Day:

Painted Corn
Baggied Bean Seedlings on window sill: there are 4 different varieties. I like beans; Bob never did. So this year I decided to try at least 2 I have never grown before – 1 out of curiosity, and the 2nd because recipes keep calling for it and I can’t find it in the grocery stores.
Baggied Corn Seedlings on window sill
Transplant Seedlings coming along good.
These go in the garden next week. Several plants have gone past the 2ndary leaf stage and need to be in place in their garden boxes.

And some of the rest of my Territorial seed Company order arrived by Fed Ex a few minutes ago …

Happy to see these. I never feel like the garden is really {in} until I have tomatoes in the garden :-D
It appears everything but the Chinese Garlic has arrived; and the garlic will arrive in the Fall sometime for Fall planting.
The new arrivals have been set in the window with my transplant seedlings to catch some sun rays

Now that the exterior of the house has been painted and that job is done, I can get outside and plant my garden if the weather holds.

And hopefully I can get the rain barrels in place too, and ready to catch rain water when it rains again. The barrels themselves are light and easy to move around … I’m just not sure how to get them set up to do what they are supposed to do – Bob set them up for me last Spring, and Mike tore them down for me last Fall: and I couldn’t watch either of them because I was otherwise occupied. So if Mike can’t come over and coach me with the 1st barrel, I guess I’ll have to wing it and figure it out on my own.

One way or the other … they are being set in place and hooked up this weekend ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment