Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, July 1, 2022

Activity

I paid bills this morning, then thought I’d go for a drive: I originally had intended to only go as far as Kalama ... but, I ended up in Woodland, at the Wal*Mart there. A friend said her sons were working there; and it’s been a long while since I’ve been there. The day was sunny, and the drive is short – 30 minutes 1-way, provided here are no freeway snafues.

I washed my hair (no styling) – and let it go at that, and I rested my face (no makeup).

Looking at my image in the mirror, it was obvious that my tee-shirt days are over … there will be no picture sharing today. I didn’t change my shirt, but I won’t be wearing it again. It’s a nice tee, but form-fitting jersey material doesn’t work for my shape anymore.

Lake Sacajawea Park, and R.A. Long School grounds along Nichol’s Boulevard, were packed with 4th of July vendors and carnival rides in various stages of being set in place.

Both sides of Nichol's Boulevard to WA Way Bridge, is lined with vendors and carnival rides for the GO 4th! Celebration.

The freeway was pretty stress-free šŸ˜Š, given it is a holiday weekend. I got to Woodland without suffering a migraine headache, or getting jumpy when cars and trucks played leap frog all around me.

29 min (24.9 mi) via WA-432 E and I-5 S
Drove to Woodland Wal-Mart this afternoon ...
Lunch – this Wal-Mart has this option ... most do not.
It's been a while since I've been here.
The healing continues – it’s a slow process.
Venus Hum – ‘Where You Are’ song:

I think I’ll go back to the Wal*Mart in Woodland – it’s a superstore, and it has more inventory; and it’ll be a change of pace and scenery. Plus, I like driving the country backroads home šŸ˜‰

Even though I drove the 20 minutes on the freeway to Woodland … I drove the shaded backroads home because the high humidity was torture on the freeway, where there is no shade at all.

I took the Green Mountain Road.
Snaky ... but shady; well worth the diversion, to me.

Driving along Carroll’s Bluff, I received an incoming call inviting me to Supper in the country July 4th; so, I nipped in at Safeway’s when I reached Longview to top the gas tank off, and picked up my contribution – and I grabbed a dozen organic eggs (true organic: free range, no hormones, and no antibiotics added).

Truly organic eggs have been nearly impossible to find - so I snagged these as soon as I spotted them.
And this pretty much curtails any more 1 hour-long daytrips this month.

Dentist appointments (paid out of pocket), and the daily escalating gas prices are effectively doing what covid could not do: cooling my heels, and keeping my activities local – I’ve made two hour-long drives this week … and paid heftily at the pump station

It’s very annoying.

And very frustrating.

I need to get out-of-house: being cooped up, and hemmed-in by four walls is not a healthy state of mind for this solo lobo; trips to the dentist don't count as getting out and about.

2 comments:

  1. Val I enjoyed hearing about your day. I agree driving back country rods, with the windows down, and the music up is great. I have to chuckle at your Biden Meme. It, reminds me of my friend, she has those I Did That Biden stickers that she sticks everywhere, like on Gas pumps or when a price goes up at Walmart, she'll stick it on the shelf. wanted to let you know my monthly link-up is live @ https://simplycoffeeandjesus.com/2022/07/01/24-ways-christ-tells-us-who-we-are-in-him-sweet-tea-friends-july-link-up/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula! Thanks for stopping by for a "hi" :-)

      I like reading your Blog posts - I don't always leave a comment, but I do always check-in ;-)

      Have a funatstic week!

      Delete