Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, November 9, 2019

I MADE IT THROUGH THE RAIN


Saturday morning, I woke to see a wet street when I glanced out the livingroom windows; the day was wet and foggy all day long.

Right off at the Grange, a petition was passed around to sign; the vendors are not happy that table costs will be going up $10 next Fall. I didn’t sign the paper because there wasn’t any point to doing so: the decision had already been made & set in place … and the tables in town are going for $25/table. Foot traffic is pretty much the same here and there. Bazaars are kinda falling by the wayside with online Etsy shopping. Only die-hard Bazaar faithful’s bother to get out of their houses and browse local Bazaars. And die-hard crafters, like myself, will pay the table fee regardless of the foot traffic.

I like the country. I like Granges; Granges are something I can get behind – public schools and churches not so much. I am a hard-core Home Education Advocate (have been since at least 1966 when I first saw Home Schooling happening; I told Bob when I found out I was pregnant that I wanted to Home Educate - but his Grandmother was the first school teacher to Eden Valley, and she later became Wahkiakum County Superintendent of Public Schools, so he did not get behind Home education until 1989). I just can’t support public or private schooling, so I tend to avoid those openings: and churches have gone the way of vineyard cult doctrine, so I can’t back that nonsense either. But I don’t mind spending my money f it’s something I can get behind. It really is getting hard to find a Bazaar venue anymore that I can support, so when I DO find one, I don’t mind paying the table fee because I know it’s going towards a purpose and a cause I agree with. I upset some people today because I wouldn’t sign the protest paper – but I can’t help that; I have to follow my own conscience, and it really doesn’t matter how many signatures got on that paper: it is already a done deal.

A guy and his gal stopped by my table and liked the American Revolution Finger Puppets set I designed & crafted ... so he bought John Adams. He was very friendly and talkative - and he didn't bat an eye at the price tag. They walked around, and he bought something from every vendor; but he stopped at my table first ;-)


At one point, I looked up and saw a flag fluttering in the wet breeze. Veteran’s Day is Monday ...



I saw some old friends too: they stopped by the table for a few minutes of chit-chat. We had a nice visit; we haven’t seen each other face-to face for a while: Linda, of course, is a FB Friend as well as an old friend. Bob & I always enjoyed visiting with them:

Linda & Chuck. Chuck & I had a good visit while Linda browsed; we talked a little about how we can feel our loved one - who went before us - around us still.

It was a good 2 days & I did pretty good: I made table costs, and then some. And my bins were considerably lighter when I loaded up to bring them back home :-D

I am content.

I made it through the rain and did okay ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment