Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

BLAME IT ON THE MOON

Yesterday afternoon, dental pain was the foremost thought in my mind; by 2:30 AM this morning, a full face-plant pain was in play.

Recent Dental Post: https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2022/07/orange.html

Around 2:25 A.M., today (in the moment), I was shutting the laptop down and getting ready to head down the hallway to bed … when a brilliantly shining full moon caught my attention shining beckoningly through the front windows. I saw it, and thought, “What a beautiful picture that would make!”

The cloudless night sky – full moon lit up like it was infused with neon brilliance. Trees spaced perfectly. I wanted that photo shoot.

So, genius that I am, I went for it.

And took a nose dive when in my excitement to get the shot before the moment passed, I missed the last step of the carport stairs and was catapulted into the back of the Highlander; after which I bounced onto the carport’s cement parking pad, broke my new glasses to smithereens, skinned my left knee, scraped the skin off my left shoulder – and ruined my eyebrow with the glasses wire when the arm blew off (I’m lucky that my eyebrow was gouged, and not my eyes): Elohim was faithful to protect my eyes, and I am thankful.

But my PJ top was ruined by the freely flowing blood from my slashed eyebrow.

Thank God I had my sunglasses for backup eyewear! That’s what I used to drive myself to the local ER – I had changed my top, throwing the other away – and slapped a bandage over my eyebrow to staunch the bleeding while driving.

I showed up at ER, at 3 AM, looking like a war-zone-refuge.
I scraped my shoulder ... and skinned my left knee.
I shaved the skin off my left cheek; and narrowly missed gouging my eyes with my broken glasses pieces.
Sporting a black eye is something new for me.
I was gratified to see the cross above my ER door; it gave me comfort.
This tickled my funny bone - I have a twisted sense of humor.

The humor was wearing thin 4 hours into the ER waiting game. My face was starting to feel the laceration pain. My left eye was taking on Neanderthal features … I still had a twisted sense of humor, but I was bone tired; I wanted the doctor to get his butt in there, check me out, and release me to go home.

I will have an eyebrow scar across the same eyebrow Bob sported a scar; mine is much deeper and longer.
Bob's eyebrow scar he got as a little fella.
ALL this because of a brilliant Full Moon; that would-be-pic is not worth what this ER visit will drain me for!

Finally, the doctor deemed it necessary to appear. He poked around my tender brow area, and ordered a nurse to finally (after 4 hours!) flush my gouge out. Then he blew back into my room just long enough to seal my eyebrow slash with glue!

This 10-minute {Dr. appearance} will no doubt cost me $1,000.00

The ER doc GLUED my eyebrow gouge! Stitches would have been better.
My life - never a dull moment; Doc says the bruising should all but disappear in a week’s time – the eyebrow gash should be fully healed in 2 weeks. I hope so.

When I finally got home, I saw that my glasses were a total wipe-out. I won’t be able to replace them until the end of next month; that’s when I will have been able to save enough $$$ to order a new pair

My new glasses are ruined; I've only had them since May. This year. The metal spike is what gouged my eyebrow when the arm broke off. There will be no new glasses until the end of August.

I had managed to catch a few winks of zzz’s during those wasted hours in ER, so when invited for coffee and chit-chat around 11 AM, I did spend 5 hours with friends this afternoon. Thank God for friends that don’t care how you look 😊

Joe Satriani – ‘Super Funky Badass’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb5T12eDVig)

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! I'm awfully sorry about this. I hope you will mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica :-) My face should be back to normal by this time next month.

      Have a funtastic weekend!

      Delete