Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, December 23, 2022

MR. ICE PAID A VISIT ~Shabbat Eve

‘Mister White Christmas’ song:

For a few weeks, I’ve joked off and on about Mr. Complication being put on ice … but today he really was put on ice: the roads here are all a solid sheet of ice – it is not {"the worst anyone has ever seen here!"}, but it is pretty bad. I’ve seen worst ice storms in this neck of the woods, but it is best to stay home if you can ๐Ÿ˜‰

That said, when I woke up this morning with ice on the street … and chicken soup running through my thoughts, and I figured Holland could stop in for a bowl of hot soup if he was out and about. He lives 2 steep hills away, so I wasn't sure if he'd risk the drive into town or not, for anything. Still, I sent the invite so we could visit, and he could sample some more of my cooking if he was in town.

Morning text ...

I also returned a call David left on my phone around midnight last night: he’d been scrolling through his FB newsfeed and happened upon my upcoming wedding post – he’s like a big brother to me; he was curious and more than a little surprised. Me: “So, I see I missed your call … what’s up?” David: “Yeah; I was looking through my FB newsfeed and I see that Valeria Hargand is getting married (Uh-oh – he actually used my birth Name instead of Valerie), what the hell, Val! Who is this guy - what's his Name? Last time we talked, you said you had sworn off marriage. I’m kinda surprised, here.” Me - laughing: “I’m surprised too; believe you, me! The marriage may seem fast – and it is, but we’ve known each other for 15 months; so, it’s really not ‘that fast’. He really is a nice guy. You would approve. Bob would approve. This is a good match; he checks all the boxes. Bob was my {IT} Man: I never thought I’d ever love anyone but Bob … but I do; and I’m kinda surprised, too.” And then David listened while I talked about Holland. And he gave some encouragement, and big brother instructions ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m so lucky to have good people in my life, who love me in good ways.

Last year I was upset that I would be stuck in Longview for the rest of my life; and this year I am thankful that Elohim put on a stop on my plans so His Plan for my life could unfold. Last year I was bummed because I could not be where I wanted to be living – and this year I am looking forward to getting married, and staying put ๐Ÿ˜Š

With a smile on my face, I got the soup ready to go …

==Kosher Chicken In The Pot ~serves 4

I make this meal in my crockpot – I just dump everything in, and plug the pot into the wall socket ๐Ÿ˜‰

I also used chopped chicken breasts, and Christmassy noodles this year in place of the potatoes; I didn’t have any spuds on hand, the roads were a solid sheet of ice … and the noodles were ‘festive’ ๐Ÿ˜Š

Festive bowtie noodles.

I have made this soup many times over the decades; it is a great soup to enjoy on days like today.

1 4-pound Chicken, cut into 8 pieces (or 8 flash-frozen chicken breasts, chopped like stew meat) * Kosher Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste * ¼ cup extra-virgin Olive Oil * 12-ounces dark Beer * 1 Onion, quartered * 8 whole cloves of Garlic * 2 cups green Cabbage * 3 large Carrots, peeled and cut in pieces * 4 medium Yellow Potatoes, quartered or 12 ct. new potatoes, whole (or 2 ounces bow-tie noodles) * 2 cups Chicken broth * ½ cup Parsley, chopped

Place all the ingredients EXCEPT NOODLES in a crockpot, set on LOW for 5½ hours; add noodles for last ½ hour. Serve and enjoy ๐Ÿ˜Š

Kosher Chicken in the Pot Soup. Easy-peasy supper.

While the soup was cooking, I checked my FB Page, then started getting ready for Holland’s arrival …

All brown palette today – ‘Gentle’ browline, ‘Gold-brown’ eyelid color & liners, & ‘Focus’ eyelid accent; Lash Primer, “Glam Brown’ Mascara, ‘Soft Brown’ Eyebrow Gel; ‘Coral Ember’ Crรจme blush; Tinted Lip Balm & ‘Candy Cane’ Chapstick.
I used the lash primer today because the eye makeup is all browns - I wanted to plump up my lashes, so they stand out ;-)
Bauble bracelet.

And as I was stirring the soup, a text came in:

Afternoon text ...

Rats! I’m thinking Christmas Supper in Kelso will be called off, too, if the icy rain continues.

I consoled myself with watching the chickadees at the birdfeeder … and the neighborhood kids sneaker-skate down the icy streets.

And after supper, I lit the Hanukkah candles, and enjoyed a glass of red wine. Old Man Winter is not going to ruin what’s left of my day; I'm going to relax and play text-tag with Holland ๐Ÿ˜‰

2 comments:

  1. What a great friend you have to check in on you and offer brotherly advice. I would have stayed in too my friend with that ice out there like that. So sorry to hear Holland couldn't make it to dinner because of the ice. I'm happy you both stayed in and were safe. Your soup sounds great. Happy New Year my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am blessed to have good friends in my life: God is good :-) You have a Happy new Year too, my friend.

      Delete