Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

UNQUESTIONABLY LOVED

So ... it's been a busy couple of days 😉

Our Plan was to get married Christmas Day after Christmas Supper at Holland's brother's house - the Redmill Family would gather ... and his nephew, who is a Pastor ... would be available to marry us in our home following Supper: the nephew came down sick. He sounded awful on the phone.

Needless to say, no marriage happened. But we did have a great Holiday, anyway - we aren't hormone-driven teenagers that were devasted by an unforeseen delay 😊

The next day, when Holland came to visit, he said: "How about we drive to Reno the first week of January? You said you like long drives, and this way you would get a honeymoon, too." Isn't he the sweetest guy?!

So, that is what we will be doing in a few days. We have spent the past 3 days getting ready to share our lives together: I've been freeing up space here .... and he's been hauling stuff from his place to here ("our" place). Hopefully, by the 5th, every lose end will be successfully 'tied-off', and we can turn the car's nose towards Reno.

I am still more than a little surprised to have found love again. I truly never believed it possible - Bob was my whole world most of my life; I loved him with all of my being (and then some); and was nearly undone on every level when Elohim called him Home. Love, for me, died when Bob's physical body died. It took a loooooong time for me to heal, and start getting on with "getting on". I wasn't interested in another man - men, in general, didn't interest me. I wasn't watching men. I wasn't encouraging men. I laughed off flirtations, and flat out told them to look elsewhere.

I.w.a.s.n.t.i.n.t.e.r.e.s.t.e.d.

But Holland was persistent.

He was a fast friend - and I felt comfortable around him: he knew my feelings about my husband, because I talked about Bob nonstop. He also flirted for 12 months, and I held him off: I wasn't interested. My heart still belonged to my husband, and I couldn't see that ever changing: I didn't WANT that to change. 14 months into our friendship relationship, Holland gambled with a text he sent me: he flat out told me how he felt ... and I agreed to "a coffee" around Thanksgiving time. Then, we went for a drive to his old stomping ground area, in Vader - and it was an enjoyable afternoon. But it spooked me. I didn't want to feel anything for Holland: I wasn't ready to let go of Bob's memory. I told Holland to "look elsewhere - I'm not the one you want". He said, "I know what I want; I'll wait for you. You'll get comfortable with the idea of Me." Cocky thing, wasn't he 😉

Then Holland ended up in the hospital, and I was more than spooked - I was downright scared: I knew then that I had true, and deep feelings for Holland. I couldn't imagine life without him, if the thing that landed him in the hospital, spiraled out of control. So, when he was back home and texted me: "We need to talk", I agreed. We needed to talk. And that was {IT}; December 5th changed everything, we were both "in deep". That Coffee Date morphed into planning a lifetime together 😊

My heart is big enough to hold the memory of Bob's love ... and the implantation of a new love. The "unimaginable" suddenly became my future focus. And sometime in the first week of January, that future focus will become a reality. Holland loves me - there's no doubt whatsoever about that (he told me he's been waiting 35 years for me)! He is a good man. He is a Godly man. Elohim, personally (against my express wishes/I wasn't looking), put him in my life (everything but neon arrows pointed to him, saying, "this is HIM - the one I've chosen for you"); and I know Bob would like him. Holland tells me I'm good for him, and I know he's good for me (he checks ALL the boxes): we are a good match. Our 15 month friendship has become sweeter, and more lovingly intimate.

So, NO: 15 months is not "moving too fast". Elohim & Holland think it's too long, since we are both Senior Citizens living on limited time. I started dating Bob in April, and married him in August; 4 months is a lot shorter than 15 😉

I am greatly blessed, and highly favored. THANK YOU, FATHER!!!!

We can't wait to add his Name to mine ... which is a good thing, because we are acting like silver-haired teenagers. We are Christians – this wildfire needs to be Legal. ASAP 😊

 

Dan Seals – ‘I Saw You In My Dreams’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWEoe9PSYWA)

Dan Seals – ‘Only You’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHBx4AOY2HA&list=RDBHBx4AOY2HA&start_radio=1)

George Straight – ‘I Cross My Heart’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihqEuk7PCU4)

Tracy Byrd – ‘Love Lessons’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqd5UAjEVXA)

Marty Stuart – ‘Till I Found You’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ9lgv015n8)

Marty Stuart – ‘Little Things’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57nHU-giuMw)

Bellamy Brother’s – ‘I Need More of You’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvMXBeF9f2c)

Exile – ‘I Can’t Get Close Enough’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYUv3Rxw-sA)

Ronnie Millsap – ‘Daydreams About Night Things’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CDybdzdoKw)

Exile – ‘Kiss You All Over’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpiBdB6yJC8)

Marty Stuart – ‘Burn Me Down’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4sW5J8fjzg)

2 comments:

  1. HEY VAL... CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so HAPPY for you [Insert Happy Dance Here]. I hope you share some pics soon. I'm way over here in Pennsylvania and I just can't wait to hear all about your wedding and what you did on your honeymoon. Not EVERYTHING mind you, just sights, dinners, and such. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paula :-) I was married January 7th, in Reno - I'll post all about it next week when I have internet service I hope and pray will allow me to remain on line longer than 5 seconds ;-) I miss talking with you ... but Xfinity won't let me stay on line :-(

      Delete