Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, December 22, 2022

POT ROAST FOR 2

I was craving corn on the cob when I woke up this morning … so, after getting ready to meet the day, when I grabbed them from the freezer, I also pulled a pot roast (half a regular roast because that is ‘widow size’ and leftovers for a sandwich 😉).

Sparkly 'Lt. Lilac' eyebrow, 'Plum' eyelid, 'Brown' liners & glittery ‘Lionheart’ accent lid color; 'Deep Violet' Mascara; & 'Nude Burn' Creme blush.
'Auburn' Eyebrow Gel & ‘Primrose Lipstick.
Glittery 'Sparked' Nail Polish, and a wooden bead & painted driftwood bits bracelet.
My old, comfortable, worn moccasins felt good on my feet today.

As I was putting the lid on the crockpot, Holland called and asked: "How does 2 months from now, sound to you?"

From that 1 question, I'm thinking February will be the "I DO" month; as soon as that ring is paid for – he wants it on my finger asap.

I told yu'all my life happens FAST: the men in my life just want me in theirs as soon as the wedding rings are seen, sized, and bought.

My 1st fast marriage gave me 44 wonderful years – there's every reason to think my 2nd fast marriage will give me a good run of wonderful memories, too.

Obviously, I agreed to wear their rings and their Name, so both of the men in my life were/are "one hell of a man" ;-)

Johnny Paycheck – ‘Someone To Give My Love To’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXV3yR80d5w)

Tracy Byrd – ‘For Me, It’s You’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REQky5WAMwY)

Before we ended the chit-chat, I invited him to join me for supper; he might as well sample my cooking now, before the deal is sealed 😉

Pot Roast Supper for 2.

I haven’t cooked for a man in four years … but apparently the meal passed inspection because nothing was wasted 😊

Holland left an hour after supper though, because snow and freezing rain is in the forecast tonight; and through the weekend – and he lives on a hill that should see some of that prediction: but, he arrived an hour before supper was finished, and we spent time together; so, he didn’t eat and run 😉

After, he texted to let me know he’d made it home without incident, I lit the Hanukkah candles. And after they burned down, I burned off the fatty pot roast with in-house exercises while waiting for the forecasted snow to fall here (if it actually falls in the lowlands).

No comments:

Post a Comment