Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

JOY RIDE TO THE CEMETERY

I was visiting friends in the country this morning when an opportunity arose that I could not pass up 😊

I had seen this cute little ATV the other day when I was driving that way … and thought to myself: ‘it would be fun to ride in that thing’.

Today, I got to do just that 😊

Going on a joy ride. LOL
My new friend, Gayle & I, clowning around; her husband knew my husband Bob, & my stepfather John.

The cute little vehicle belongs to my new friend, Gayle – and she even drove me to the Oak Point Cemetery in it 😉

A new road, and a new experience; this little ATV was L.O.U.D.
Oak Point Cemetery.Oak Point Cemetery Info: (http://www.interment.net/data/us/wa/cowlitz/oakpoint/index.htm)
The cutest little thing!

Cemeteries don’t freak me out; I actually find them interesting places to visit: they are quiet places/they are filled with artistic expression (poetic, as well as stonework)/love is expressed there – love overrides the sadness/History is recorded there (County, as well as Familial histories)/families are bound together for all eternity there.

Roy Acuff & Charlie Louvin – ‘The Precious Jewel’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCRUEyekUwQ)

Cemeteries interest me.

Most of Gayle’s Family takes up the cemetery acreage – I had a good local historian to walk me through the place 😉 We spent an hour walking through the place. There were markers there from the Civil War era … and newer ones, too; each marker had a story to tell.

History of Oak Point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Point,_Washington

3 resident cemetery deer – only 2 showed today.
An interesting grave marker; I've never seen one like this.
An expensive, interesting carved grave marker with detailed carved logs.
I love these old gothic style grave markers.
Some family put a LOT of $$$$$ into this grave marker; very intricate cutwork.
Looks like someone loved the beach.
Another spendy, artistic cutwork on this headstone.
A pretty little Angel statue for this Grandma.
An obvious horsewoman who loved spending time in the mountains.
Another pretty gothic style grave marker.

As I was leaving Oak Point Road, a ship cruised past Ocean Beach Highway on it’s was to the Port of Longview Docking Bay; but there were several ships anchored off Willow Grove beachfront, so this ship may anchor there too, overnight.

Oak Point Road, Longview-WA
Ship cruising the Columbia River shipping lane; headed upriver to Port of Longview docking bay.

It was a good day today.

I always like spending time in the country. And I always enjoy time spent with friends - especially weirdo's like me ðŸ˜Š

5 comments:

  1. That is a fun thing to do! And it sounds like a life mission - enjoy the ride to the cemetery! #FriendshipFriday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun!

    I find cemeteries interesting to visit too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much detail, and a fun mode of transport - thanks for sharing with #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-)

      Thanks for stopping by for a quick "hi" - have a funtastic week!

      Delete