Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, August 11, 2022

RABBIT!

Rabbits are so cute!

This morning, after posting the Crisp Waffles Recipe ~Chocolate Waffles post (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2022/08/crisp-waffles-recipe-chocolate-waffles.html), my right eye peripheral vision noticed a quick moving animal scurrying from the neighbor’s carport into my front yard. Hoping it wasn’t an unwanted nutria or muskrat (Heron Pointe Park is located near an inaccessible water dike that butts up against the northern edge of Park premises), I went to my front window and peeked out.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing: a wild rabbit!

RABBIT!

So, I grabbed the phone and took a few snapshots, and videos 😊

A brown wild rabbit entertained me this morning.
Little brown wild rabbit.
Resting; the outside temperature is only 61-degrees – but humidity has already hit the 93% mark.

Wild rabbits are so cute – and I haven’t seen one since we lived on Merritt Drive on Westside Highway; we had lively kamikaze rabbits, there that liked to live dangerously by leaping and diving across the headlight beams highlighting the driveway 😉

I was happy to see this little fluffy bit of wild nature in my front yard; and I’m hoping it will not become a beautiful, destructive nuisance (garden, or home destruction). I ignored that line of thought … and just enjoyed the moment, which stretched into an hour of voyeur delight 😊

A cute little trespasser.
Feeling secure enough to start getting real comfortable.
Winding down ...

After a bit, it started getting restless; and hopped into another front flowerbed. I carefully creeped into the laundry room and removed my flipflops (I did not want a repeat of falling down the stairs, again! Bare feet are the safest thing on these porch stairs) before inching the door open, and stealthily padding quietly to the front end of the house hoping to get a {close up and personal} picture.

Making itself small in another front flower bed ...

I was outside in my pj’s, sneaking around the corner of my own house; LOL

Watching neighbors were probably wondering ‘what is the widow doing now’; let them wonder 😉

It's not even skittish; I'm not that far away from it.

((((YES!))))

Thank You, Yeshua!

That cute little bit of fluff made my fading flowerbeds look peppier than they are; blossoms are drying, leaves are starting to fall from overhead tree branches, and the river breeze has a little Fall nip to it, recently. We had no Spring to speak of this year, and the Summer has been short.

Fall is a mere 6½ weeks off ...

And away it goes! But it sure made my day while it hung around ...

Rabbits are considered “a lucky sign” in many cultures. A rabbit seen in the wild is seen as a positive – and having one cross your direct path is considered lucky: good luck in love and family, abundance and prosperity, intuition/spontaneity/and wittiness are all associated with seeing a rabbit.

The lifespan of a wild rabbit is around 9 years. Rabbits spend most of their short life within the same 10-acre area. Relocating rabbits confuses them, causing them to get hit by cars or be killed by unfamiliar predators.

As long as this little rabbit behaves itself and doesn't cause property damages, I'll be okay with it sharing my town lot.

6 comments:

  1. Aww how lovely to see a wild rabbit and be able to spend time watching it. We spotted a wild rabbit along the verges when we were driving home from a local environment centre recently and my daughter was delighted to see it. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)

    Thank you for popping in ;-)

    Have a funtastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!


    Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by for a quick "Hi" ... and for Hosting the Linkie Party :-)

      Have a funtastic week!

      Delete
  4. what a cute little rabbit, you were lucky to get some lovely pictures and videos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was :-)

      Thanks for popping in for a quick "hi", Anne - have a funtastic week!

      Delete