Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, December 16, 2021

JOY

Joy resonates in my life – it always has since I was saved in 1965: joy is Elohei’s grace in my life.

No matter what life throws at me, I always have a laugh in me that buoys my spirit with feelings of pleasure and happiness; no matter what. Joy has been my saving grace – that emotion that makes life worth living in the moment because it recaps our internal center; feelings of comfort, gratitude, and worth.

Joy is what has carried me through all the seasons of my life. I was thinking about that this morning on my drive over Delameter to Castle Rock for exercise class. As I drove, three songs came over the airwaves that added holiday ambiance … and a text message, too, that led to making a lunch date tomorrow with a friend πŸ˜‰

Tom Petty: ‘It’s Christmas Again’ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESv6nBWCSu4)

Bing Crosby & David Bowie Christmas Song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9kfdEyV3RQ)

James Taylor: ‘Deck The Halls’ (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D23FudHtecQ)

A joy filled text – tomorrow with be a joyous get together.

Leaving Castle Rock an hour later, I decided to drive over Hazel Dell Road to Keenager’s – I’m glad I did both 😊

Driving over Hazel Dell Road, I laughed when I saw that Charlie Brown and Snoopy has been exchanged for a fat and fluffy snowman in the hallmark farm truck that has been parked in the upper end of a farm field near the roadway. Someone else has been bitten by the Joy Bug πŸ˜‰

I was still smiling with Holiday Spirit when I came upon road work a bit further on down the road.

Hazel Dell Road joy-filled humor.
Hazel Dell road work.

I burst out laughing when I got to Keeneger’s, and saw the table piece Judy had set in the center of {my} table (I have sat at this table for as long as I have come here – everyone dubbed it “Val’s Table”; 😊)the table piece is appropriate. I don’t dress like a Plain Jane anymore. I laughed because I do have a red leather purse. I do have black ankle boots, a pair of fur trimmed boots (though not zebra print), cheetah print ankle boots, and snake skin flat shoes; I have a black {fur} sweater, a black fur hat, a red bead necklace, and I have been known to wear funky eyewear: and I am wearing makeup more frequently.

Judy was pleased with herself to have “represented” me so well πŸ˜‰

Appropriate ... I'm becoming a clothes horse; LOL. Diane in background.

All the tables (about 12 of them) had a different table piece, and she told me she got them at a thrift store in Vancouver. I now have that address in my address book, and will be checking it out next time I get that way. I love dinking around in thrift stores, and now I have all the time in the world to do that.

Our guest speaker this afternoon was Andrew; I was glad to hear him, again. His message was timely, to the point, and it spoke to my spirit on several levels.

Andrew didn’t speak specifically on joy – but Joy was the underlying emotion.

I was glad I decided to go today.

I always like Andrew's message.

On my way back home via Coal Creek Road, I joyously shouted ‘Hallelujah!’ when I drove past the turnout where abandoned vehicles and campers have been torched by pyromaniacs. It has now been cleaned up and blocked off.

Bitching and forcing the city officials to do something about the crime wave out this end of Longview had finally paid off.

I’ve been pretty vocal over the months with city official shaming … I am not the only voice that has been heard, but I do feel a strong sense of validation concerning this recent activity; this is a bit too close to where I live. That the blatant criminal/arsonist activity has been allowed to happen for months without city intervention, is beyond ridiculous.

I don’t like to be a bitch – but if that is what it takes to light a fire under city officials' lazy butts, I can stand on the pitcher’s mound and wind up πŸ˜‰

Thank the Lord! Bitching has finally got the City minions to shut this crime-ridden area down.
Thank You Yeshua! The arsons were too close to home.

Yesterday was rough.

Today was a joyous recoup.

And tonight was relaxing 😊

Cheese Spread & Ritz; the work on the MOD Sock Monkey Lapghan.

CHEESE SPREAD RECIPE: https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/12/cheese-spread-recipe.html

No comments:

Post a Comment