Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

RAINY DAY ASPIRATIONS

I visited with friends this afternoon.

When I pulled out of the carport, a misty rain was falling; I got a latte at Mr. Bill’s ... and was asked for some more coffee mug cuffs. There are only three left of the nine I had dropped off on the 9th 😊

I had an enjoyable visit … and came home motivated: conversation had mainly been about adapting to newer life experiences.

I thought on that conversation all the way home; and by the time I had backed the Horizon neatly in place under my home carport, my mind was made up 😉

I have been procrastinating.

But, this afternoon, knowing a serious rain front was moving in … I knew today was the day to “get ‘er done!”

My Fall planting bulbs needed to be planted; which meant the planter pots needed drainage holes drilled into their undersides. The time was perfect to aspire to the task at hand.

I had bought the necessary tools weeks ago.

Last time David and I had breakfast together, he encouraged me to “just do it, Val” – and he was patient answering my clueless questions: even though he laughed occassionally. He is a true friend.

Hole Cutting Drill Bit; bought 15 days ago; I bought an electric hand drill, and a stud finder, about a month ago – to hang a mirror that is still tucked away, waiting to be hung ðŸ˜‰

I have been procrastinating.

It takes me a while to work up the nerve to try new things: I want to “get it right” the first time. So, I will research it to death, and ask my friends a lot of questions (and seek their input), before I actually get around to getting it done. Things take time with me.

Every time I looked at my hand drill, I would remember watching Bob using his heavy drills; and making it look so easy. But, when those memories tried to sabotage my nerve this afternoon, I countered back by reminding those memories that Bob did not exit his mother’s womb with a drill in hand … he had to learn the skill of using one.

Today, it was my turn to learn.

I can do this ...
I DID IT!

Giddy with success, I cut holes in the other six pots: transferred them to the carport patio, and got my bulbs planted 😊

The rains expected into next Friday, will water the planters well; and establish them for Spring blossoms.

5 square pots of staggered heights tulips - mixed variety, tete a tete daffodils, and puschkinia.
2 rectangular planters of Tete a tete miniature daffodils, & anemone.
The planters are being watered right now, by a soft, steady rainfall; the promising Spring color will be a welcome contrast against the ugly neighboring fenceline.

Now, I’m going to kick back in the recliner, and enjoy the warmth of the flickering fireplace.

And crochet/embellish another batch of coffee mug cuffs 😉

Fired up the fireplace this evening.
Working on more coffee mugs cuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment