Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, January 19, 2017

MOD Cactus Flower Dish Towel

I had been thinking of knitting my own dish towels for some time, and as soon as Hubs started talking about possibly moving to southern California for the warmth it will afford his bones, I serious “got on it” and designed a sample towel with some odds and ends cotton yarn I had laying around ;-)

The towels I have now are getting thread bare and need to be replaced, so now is as good a time as any to whip up several new ones; and even if we don't move after all, I will still need new towels:


I like bright colors, and I started at the bottom and worked 3 big bold stripes that I think reflects the colors of the desert: a pink that matches a cactus flower, a blue that matches the clear blue sky, a bright yellow that reflects the brilliant sun overhead, and a blend of all the colors that brings it all together. Then I crocheted a buttonhole round to mimic the pincushion cactus and topped that with 2 pink cactus flowers and a sunny yellow button.

Finished Cactus Flower Kitchen Towel

I like my towel; it’s nothing fancy, but it doesn’t need to be as I am keeping this sample towel instead of putting a sale tag on it :-D I have hung it on the oven door and will try it out tomorrow to see if will soak up water instead of allowing the water to run off its fibers and down to the floor like the store bought towels >:-(

If this towel proves satisfactory I will design more full length size kitchen towels with various patterns and leave off the topper. My husband is retired now and would appreciate a full size towel in the kitchen when he washes his paws in there instead of the half-towel I used when he worked nights. He is 6’2” with man sized hands and now that he's around all the time, I think that trumps my little tiny petite hands and little half towels.

Speaking of ‘trump’ … ARE YU’ALL EXCITED FOR TOMORROW NOON when President Trump officially becomes PRESIDENT TRUMP???


We are; and I can't wait for the obamas to vacate :-D

But the way it's playing out and dragging out, the obamas may have to be forcefully removed from the premises. I have never in my entire life - I am 60 years old - seen such poor losers that just hang on, and hang on, and h.a.n.g.o.n ... the sour-puss obamas behave like the White House is their personal property and show no signs of willfully vacating The People's House. It's bizarre behavior to say the least.

4 comments:

  1. It's very pretty! thank you for linking to the stash party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely, you did a great job. I love the little flowers on top. Thank you for sharing at The Really Crafty Link Party this week. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete