Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, May 5, 2021

ILLUSIVE JEANS SNAGGED

I had breakfast with a friend this morning; then I zipped over to Dick Hannah’s to have the Highlander’s back end and right back tire checked – the other afternoon; in Oregon, on the stretch of roadway between Astoria and Svenson, a moron in a jacked-up pickup literally ran me off the road … and I hit the shoulder at road speed, bumping into and over a ragged pothole.

MPO is that Oregon driver’s are the worst driver’s on the planet.

They are mean spirited. 

They are self-centered. 

They are rude. 

They are obnoxious.

They are very aggressive. 

They are stoned 24/7/365.

I really do not like Oregon driver’s.

I heard the Highlander’s backend bounce as the dust settled. When I crossed the bridge at Rainier, and set down in Longview – I drove to Dick Hannah’s Toyota Shop to have the car and tire checked: the pothole was pretty ragged and I worried I may have skinned the tire on the sharp edges. I was told by a stuffy attendant I’d have to bring the car in for a checkup in the morning, at 10 AM., because “it could take hours to check out.”

Matt checked it over – and gave it a good report: no damages. And, he refilled the windshield wiper fluid. I was relieved it did not “take hours” – I was in and out in half an hour.

And I decided that I’d make another trip to Warrenton, instead of waiting until next Monday. I’m no good at putting things off … if something needs doing, I just want to get it done so I can move onto other things that also need doing.

So, off I went.

Making my way across town to the bridge that would drop me on the Oregon side, I saw a VW Bug tricked out in a woman’s obsessive fantasy.

She had had her VW Bug painted to match dalmatian dogs – and the nose of the car was painted to mimic a red dog collar. 

What an amazing sight … 

Her car seat covers were dalmatian print.

Her back window was filled with stuffed dalmatians.

SHE HAD 2 DALMATIAN DOGS in the back seat!

I got the feeling she really, REALLY liked the 101 Dalmatians movie 😉

Warrenton from Longview is a little over an hour away, and I didn’t plan on staying any longer than it took to return the clothes that didn’t fit/replace them or take the $$ and run; I wanted to make this my last trip to Warrenton, until I pass through there in July sometime.


Clothes returned to Warrenton - OR, again.
Warrenton, OR from Longview, WA - 1 hr.11 mins.
Bob & Aza feeding the seals at Seaside. 2017; Aza barked with the seals, who were barking for fish tidbits. It was hilarious.
Seaside, OR from Longview, WA - 1 hr.23 mins.

I had returns for two different stores.

I had just about given up any hope of ever finding regular jeans … and then, I spotted them 😊

2 pairs of jeans: actual jeans, not the ‘jeggings’ (stretchy cigarette leg jeans that fit like leggings).


I found 2 pairs of jeans! Hallelujah ...

I snapped them up and headed the car towards home 😉

The temperature had soared to 83-degrees by 4 PM.

I just wanted to be home.

The 3 trips to Warrenton – practically back-to-back – was giving me road fatigue.

So, I was happy to catch sight of Mt. St. Helen’s, the Port of Longview, and home base; coming into Rainier.

Even though Mt. St. Helen’s is now lopsided, she still beckons.

When I got home, I watered the garden area as well as my geranium pots under the carport; rain is forecast for tomorrow (50%), but the humidity today was very drying, so I gave everything a drink of water to stave off heat stroke until tomorrow arrives.

And I noticed that the yellow tea rose bush Bob bought for me as a gift 20 years ago, is blooming this week.

I am glad – it is a living link to Bob. 

When I see it, I smile all over.

The Tea Rose Bob gave me 20 years ago is still thriving; and blooming this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment