Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

BABY BIRDS!

I have baby birds in the birdhouse Bob built for me 😊

I was pruning the decorative Maple tree – when I heard the unmistakable cheeping of baby birds.

BABY BIRDS!

I’ve waited years to hear that sound.

The bird couple that sets up house in that bird house every Spring since we moved in here in June of 2017 always laid eggs … but they were empty eggs (I’d find them when cleaning the bird house in the Fall). So, I am elated to know there is a bird nursery in effect this year.

Unmistakable cheeping.

I also weeded the front flowerbeds, placed my geranium pots on the front porch stairs, watered all the planter boxes: and met another new neighbor; they have actually been here a year, but have been following State mandates – today, I guess she just finally had enough of insleeze’s nonsense (our county is back to phase 2 again), and decided to cross the street and introduce herself.

She said, “I saw you out here today, so I thought I’d come and get to know you – my name is Gina”.

And of course, I was a mess … I’d been doing ‘spruce up chores’: I was wearing grubby {work} clothes, had dirt under my fingernails from weeding, and my hair was sticking to me (it was high 70’s). But, we talked for about an hour.

And Betsy stopped for a quick “hi”, too; on her way to downtown.

Tomorrow, I think I’ll start planting the rest of the garden boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment