Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, January 19, 2020

REFLECTIONS

I woke up this morning with Bingo, in Castle Rock, on my mind … and that kinda led to rabbit trails thoughts with Spring & Fall Daytrips being planned to the backbeat of Helen Reddy’s “I Am Woman” song intertwined to give me courage to look that far ahead, and strength to fire my jets and be true to the intentions of said plans ;-)



I lay abed for about 20 minutes logging my thoughts onto blacked-out-phone vids, so I could jot them down onto my Bucket List, list, later on.

I'm not sharing those destinations with anyone but a few close friends.

These are good plans, and I have every intention of fully implementing them. I’m keeping the proposed Plans simple, easy, and reasonably safe – the world is a different place now than it was a decade, or two, ago. There are more insane freaks on the loose and Bob is no longer here: before, when I struck out on my own on occasions he chose to stay home (Vancouver grocery  shopping trips before Longview got its own Winco; and those rare Tacoma trips with the girls, to visit my mother), I always knew that he was only a phone call away if I got lost somewhere along the way (once took a wrong exit Tacoma way) and needed him to talk me back home. That safety net is no longer available to me. Bob no longer lives here; and insane freaks on the loose don’t let 63 year old’s off the hook in their twisted agendas; so, I have to plan my adventures more carefully now, and travel more cautiously.

So far, what I’ve come up with is reasonably “local” and pretty safe. I can’t wait for Spring to arrive, so I can start broadening my horizons and kicking up my heels on the proposed 2020 “Sunday Fundays” :-D


Reflections of the past.

Determination in the present.



Anticipation of the future.


That settled, I got out of bed and started getting ready to leave the house. As I was doing my hair, I noticed that my shag cut is looking pretty ragged. The girl that used to do my cut is no longer working at the salon … and the girl that has been doing my hair isn’t understanding what I want done; so I’m thinking of going a different route with my hair – just {what}, I’m not sure of yet, but definitely not what has been done the last few cuts. My hair is baby fine, I don’t need it to “be thinned”, the way she’s been doing the back. It looks awful because of my baby fine hair. I managed to make it presentable before I stepped out the front door, but it needs a fresh look: I still want to keep it long though:

Before the hot iron: I'll let my ragged shag grow out until the top layers are mid-shoulder length before trimming again; I want the length. I like long hair - I'm not ready yet for an old lady shortie cut >:-P
Before the hot iron: Admittedly, the thinned back ends look awful, but I'm not trimming it again until I have it cut mid-shoulder length with just the top layered.

As I was driving out Coal Creek, I noticed a pretty large tree had been downed by the storm that blew through here a few days ago; and a lot of limbs had been shaken out of trees too and lay heaped at their bases. Turning up Delameter Road, the car was shrouded briefly by a short fog bank, and showered briefly with rain sprinkles, exiting the milky fog blanket.

Because I won Blackout Bingo last week, my Bingo games this week were free. And I was schooled on how the game is carried out at the Center: $4/4 cards … and those cards are played the entire 3 hours the game is in progress: I can purchase 12 cards, and play 12 cards, but I HAVE TO PLAY THEM ALL AT ONCE instead of having 12 cards and switching piles of 4 out every other game like I was doing last week (as I have been doing all my life at other Bingo Games at other places); so I let it go, and stuck to their rules. It seems kinda strict to me, but it is their rules.

Apparently, the Bingo games at the Senior Center is a community thing; not just a Senior fun day. There were even kid there from 2 years old to 14.
Blackout Game: SO CLOSE!

I had fun.

And I’m thinking of joining in some Monday and Friday stretching exercises too; Castle Rock isn’t that far away, and while I am not really a ‘group’ person, I am smart enough to realize that at my age it would behoove me to exercise (stretching exercises) with others in case my 63 year old body throws me a curve ball and I need help at some point.

Bob is no longer here to lend a helping hand when needed.

Reflections of the past.

Anticipation of the future.

Determination in the present.


No comments:

Post a Comment