Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

PRAYER IS A LIFE LINE

THANK GOD FOR THAT PERSON That prayed for me!

I would not have survived otherwise.

There were days, in the winter of 2018 following Bob’s passing from this life to the next, that I could barely function ... prayer wasn't even on the agenda. And I am a Prayer Warrior! But, I just couldn't. On those rare days when I tried, all I could eek out was, "Help me, Yeshua. Please. Help me. Thank You."

I was a walking zombie.

For the 1st time in my Christian walk, I was lost.

Floundering.

Drifting.

Missing Bob with a pain so acute and so deep, I numbed myself to survive the loss of his presence in my new life.

I didn't want to feel.

Prayer involves feeling ...

Later in 2019 - in March - when I started venturing out of the house; and started shaking off the numbness, friends (and even strangers neither one of us knew), would hug me and say, "I've been praying for you."

Yeshua had helped me, as I pathetically eeked out in my weak cry for help: He pricked those people's thoughts and opened up their hearts to me - to keep me always in their thoughts and prayers.

Though I was unaware of their prayers, the prayers strengthened me and nourished my soul. They literally saved my life.

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment