Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, November 14, 2019

A MILLION YEARS ~ A MILLION NIGHTS


{All of the lonely nights; longing to hold you tight … waiting for you to come, bringing your love to me}
I did not wait a million years for Bob to come into my life, bringing all his love to me; but I did wait a loooong time. While my heart never let me forget ‘The Face’, I got on with life: I grew up. I dated and waited for a spark to catch flame … the sparks always faltered and eventually faded to dead coals. And I could never bring myself to say, ‘I love you’ to anyone, no matter how close a shave it was. I didn’t love them. I loved only ‘The Face’.
Only Bob.


Always only Bob.
And I will wait a million years if that is what it takes to bring him back into my life again. I don’t care if things will be different from what we have known when he walked here on Earth with me, and loved me like a man – I want to SEE him again. I want to HEAR him again. I want to TOUCH him again. Even if only in passing.
My leaking eyes are starved for “The Face”.

No comments:

Post a Comment