Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, October 3, 2019

RAINSTORM, THUNDER, & SPIDERS


This time of year, I like campy old black-n-white’s: and this movie always comes to mind first :-D

When we were first married, I tried explaining it to Bob – but he didn’t understand what I was talking about because he didn’t watch sci-fi movies … and I couldn’t remember the name of this movie: I just remembered the giant spider in the mine.

One day, we were running around, getting out of the house; and decided to go visit a friend. Milo Oxford – he was something else! LOL But, we both liked him and he was a fun guy. I knew Milo before I knew Bob because my parents were mutual friends of some friends he had in Skamokawa, where we lived at the time.

Anyway, 2 months into our marriage, Bob & I ended up at Milo’s house for a drop-in visit, and this movie was playing on his TV. And I squealed like a teenager (that’s what I was), and said to Bob, “This is it! This is the movie I have been trying to explain to you!” LMAO

That was a fun visit. And Bob joined Milo & I in finishing the movie – Bob didn’t become a fan of sci-fi, but he was fans of me and Milo ;-)

Here, in the PNW, today, we got a gully-washer rainfall this afternoon; complete with thunder bouncing off the hills surrounding:

After cleaning house, and listening to the steady beating of the rain, all I wanted to do was relax, and sleep like Rip Van Winkle. LOL
Rain coming down hard - and in sheets that skitter across the roadway and slide off roofs like a waterfall. The neighboring gutter can't keep up with the ferocity.

I had spent the first part of the morning dusting every surface in the house, getting it ‘Fall ready’ – ridding the undersides of the furniture of the dust bunnies too. I switched out the stuff on the fireplace mantle for Fall theme, and put new frames on the pictures …



… and was pulling down the Sympathy Cards given me at Bob’s Celebration of Life Gathering the end of August.

I appreciated what Danny & Terrie wrote – it was so descriptive of Bob:


I don’t know the angry or out-of-control man Bob’s mother & brother Ralph were talking about at the graveside – it was clear to me, and to everyone else listening, that they had NO IDEA who Bob was, or what his character was. They talked him down. In public – trying to besmirch him in front of people who knew and loved him. And that is very telling on their characters :-P Ralph was always insanely jealous of Bob – but I have no idea why his mother despised him (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/08/between-now-and-then-until-i-see-you.html).


All I know, is that they will be caught in webs of their own making … and it will serve them right. I am glad I will never have to deal with/set eyes on either of them ever again. What they attempted to do was inexcusable.

And it was clear they never knew Bob - they were too wrapped up in themselves, and each other.

Bob was a handsome man.



Bob was a good man. Bob was a happy man, who always had a smile on his face – or would burst out in a belly laugh. I never knew Bob to be somber - or angry. Neither did those who loved him, and really KNEW his character.
(https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/08/it-took-while-but-we-finally-got-there.html).


Bob always made people feel comfortable and never made anyone feel ‘less than’. I always teased my husband about being “the pied piper of people” … people just naturally flocked to him because he had a knack for making everyone feel equal and always went out of his way to buoy them up. Even more so after becoming a Christian in 1981.

It is hard being a widow; I thank Elohim every second of every day that I have good memories of the good man He blessed me with. Bob was love personified.

And that is why Bob is in Heaven.

I’m pretty sure, given the way they behave towards others – especially the way they treated Bob - even in death, Rose and Ralph will get their sorry asses seared.

No comments:

Post a Comment