Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, September 1, 2019

GOOD MORNING LITTLE SCHOOL GIRL


Bob turned me onto Johnny about 10 years ago.

I love the blues - and Bob heard Johnny on one of the blues channels he was listening to one night while driving his truck; so, he called and said, "Hey, baby: I am listening to a guy you NEED to hear - turn the radio on to this channel ..."

This song, tonight, reminds me of that September when I was a new bride (only married maybe 5 days), and Bob was forcing me to go to school - he promised my stepfather I would finish my Senior school year: I WAS PISSED. I hated school.

Anyway, I was trying to figure out what I wanted to wear the 1st day. And Bob didn't like any of my choices.

He kept saying, "You are NOT wearing THAT out of this house."

I finally said, "What is wrong with them, Bob?"

Bob said, "Well, that skirt is too short"; "those jeans, with the patches across the ass - they're so worn they will tear out when you bend over; they need to go into the garbage"; that tank top - FORGET IT".

Finally, in exasperation, I said, "That mini skirt you're complaining about - YOU LOVED it when I wore it dancing last weekend": "those jeans you are worried might tear - they have been TO EVERY DANCE we went to this Summer ... these are my lucky dancing pants, and they haven't 'torn' yet"; and "that tank top that has your hair sizzling - YOU BOUGHT IT FOR ME.": "Bob, YOU LIKED all these things on me last week."

And he said, "I did - yes; BUT now, you are my wife ... and you are NOT wearing those things to school."

So, I said, "then we need to go clothes shopping, because this is all I have - and if you have a problem with them today, when they were perfectly okay last week ... we need to go shopping."

Those things were perfectly fine; but into the garbage can they went.

And into town we went.

M.E.N! They can be so strange about their wives ... and what they wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment