Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

ROAST CHICKEN w-ROSEMARY BUTTER Recipe

Roast Chicken w-Rosemary Butter, Stir-fry Onion & Zucchini and Sweet Potato Tzimmes; ready to go to the freezer ...

I woke up this morning to snowflakes dancing past my eyes:


The snow show was over around 10:30 a.m., the snowflakes melted as they fell into the rainwater that fell all week long; and the sun was out in force at noon.

I was listening to 1960's Garage Bands and dancing around the kitchen – kicking my heels up between stove and kitchen island, cooking Roast Chicken, and Steak in Foil in the oven; and Beef Stew, and Chicken Stock on the stove top.

The Roast Chicken w-Rosemary Butter & Stir-fry Onions & Zucchini recipes come from my recipe box: I’m not sure when I clipped and filed them.

ROAST CHICKEN w-ROSEMARY BUTTER ~ 2 servings

1 small Garlic clove, minced * 3 Tablespoons unsalted Butter, room temperature * Juice 1 Lemon * 2 Tablespoons fresh Rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried leaves, crumbled ¼ teaspoon Salt * 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground Pepper * 1 2-1/2 or 3 pound Fryer Chicken, rinsed and patted dry * 1/2 Lemon Paprika * 1/2 cup Water

Preheat oven to 450-degrees.

Combine garlic, butter, lemon juice, rosemary, salt & pepper and mix well:


Stuff mixture under skin of chicken in breast and thigh areas. Rub skin with cut lemon and sprinkle with paprika.

I only made half the recipe since I am only cooking for me, and I cut my chicken into pieces before baking; holding the stuffed skin to the meat with toothpicks.

Add water to pan and roast chicken 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 375-degrees and continue roasting until chicken is done (allow 20 minutes per pound). Cut into quarters using poultry shears.

STIR-FRY ONIONS & ZUCCHINI ~ 2 servings

3 to 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil * 1 large Onion, quartered * 2 small Zucchini, sliced * 1 garlic Clove, minced * 2-1/2 Tablespoons fresh Basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried leaves, crumbled * 1/4 fresh Thyme or generous pinch * Salt & freshly ground Pepper

Heat oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add onion and stir-fry until onion softens slightly, about 2 minutes. Add zucchini, garlic and herbs and stir-fry another 2 minutes. If not serving immediately, reheat by stir-frying over high heat about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.


**********

I sure miss cooking for my husband.

And I miss looking across the room and seeing his handsome face.

I fell in love with his face in 1966, before I even knew his name.

Bob’s Senior Year Book Picture & Our Wedding Night Picture

I met him face-to-face in 1974 … and learned his name: he took my heart, and I took his Name 4 months later; he had my heart from the moment he walked past me and I glanced into his face at the school corner in 1966.

What a face :-D

 
  
 

From the first glance to the last … I never got tired of looking at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment