Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

AMBER ALERT NEARLY RUINED MY ANNIVERSARY MOMENT


I hate the Amber Alert app … and I specifically asked it to be removed last time I was in the AT/T Office downtown: I was assured that it had been removed.

But on the way home, that damned thing went off with it’s piercing {alarm}, and nearly caused me to wreck the car before I found a safe place to pull over and figure out what the hell was going on – I didn’t know if I had hit something and the car was alerting me to that … or if something electronic was going on with the car that needed attention. It freaked me out, more than ‘alerted’ me! I don’t give a rat’s ass if some moron several counties away stole a silver Nisson! All I wanted to do was get home safely: and the Amber Alert almost killed me. Over a freaking car, some idiot half the State away left the keys in!

That thing is dangerous.


I am shaky enough trying to come to grips with my widowhood (the brain fog, the unexpected startles, ect.) – I do not need the Amber Alert app to add more stress to my driving days, or drive me over the freaking edge with its screeching alert.


The Amber Alert app nearly caused me to wreck my car – which would have seriously ruined my Anniversary moment. Today is hard enough to deal with in this, my new life - without the love of my life; without LOUD and OBNOXIOUS governmental shit crashing my solo journey party >:-P 
(https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/08/when-we-married-in-1974.html)

On a lighter note, the drive went pretty well: despite it’s shaky start & end. When I pulled out of the carport, I prayed, “Help me, Yeshua. Please get me to Kalama and back safely. I love You; thank You.”


I didn’t cry. Not even once: and THAT was a good thing – especially heading for the freeway ;-)


When I pulled back into the carport at home, I could almost feel Bob smiling - and I could almost hear him say, "I'm proud of you, Baby: I always knew you could do whatever you set your mind to doing."

Today, I made the short trip from home to Kalama; and back. Next time, I'll try to go a little further - like the opposite direction to Toledo: there's a little store I like there; and I have some friends who want me to join them at the lake there ... I've been procrastinating; because of the freeway drive; but once I get there, I can backtrack home on the back roads, like I did today.

My 1st Freeway venture since widowhood. The riverside drive along the Carrolls Channel part of the freeway, went okay - I was a little nervous, but not bad; I took the  freeway because the backroad was was a little sketchy in my memory at the moment ... the possibility of getting lost getting TO Kalama on the back roads was a real possibility. I was reasonably certain, that with landmarks, I could find my way home on them on the WAY BACK FROM Kalama. 
The Lucky Dragon Restaurant. Downtown Kalama - about as long as Cathlamet; a 5 minute walk.
Interior of Lucky Dragon restaurant. Bob & I have been coming here on our Anniversary for decades. The food is good, and the Chinese family that owns/run it are excellent people to know as friends.
Instead of backtracking home from Kalama on the freeway … I took the long way home, on the old highway. Thank You, Yeshua, for refreshing my memory :-D
A short stretch of the back road runs parallel to the freeway. I am remembering - no fears about how to get back home.
Totally dusted out the car on this stretch of the back road. Bob would be laughing, and saying, ‘You would have to pick a road crew day to take this way home'. Kalama is putting in a roundabout. I hate those things! Bob would know another way home ... I don't. Yet: my memory may eventually be jogged, in that respect ;-)

I took the old highway/back road through Carrolls, where a dead free-range chicken lay in the middle of the roadway ... apparently someone's chicken strayed too far from home turf and got hit:



... drove past the Rose Valley Road, and crossed the freeway into Longview - where the screeching started. I turned off, by the Toyota Dealership, and was so shook up by then, I decided that even though Industrial Way would be insanely busy at that time of day; it may be THE SAFEST PLACE TO BE at that particular time: it would be busy with semi's, but it would not be as insanely frantic as downtown Longview.

So, that is what I did - I drove Industrial Way and crossed over to Mount Solo Road, onto Ocean Beach Highway; which dropped me off at home base.

I felt like kissing the ground when I finally parked my car!

Instead, I ate my Supper ;-)

The Supper I picked up at the Lucky Dragon: Lemon Chicken; Fried Rice; Fried Shrimp w-Sauce; & a Spring Roll. I really missed Bob, and Bob's meal add-ons ... I didn’t eat a lot of his stuff because our tastes were vastly different (he like SPICY); what I missed the most was HIM – and the sharing action.

After Supper, I figured out how to turn that damned Amber Alert app OFF.

NO MORE screeching - and no more near heart attacks on the road brought on by the screeching ...

No comments:

Post a Comment