Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, August 9, 2019

ALL DAY ON THE KITCHEN


When I woke up this morning, I thought that maybe I would finish re-tagging my Bazaar cache items … but I need more poster board to make more tags, so that will have to wait until I get back downtown to grab some.

So, I went outside to check the veggie beds (they are SO stunted this year because of the wacky weather) – and came back inside with more gleanings:

Golden Globe Turnip. Only 1 in usable ... the other was wormy and hard as a rock.
Morning gleanings. Blueberries, Carrots, 1 Cabbage, Tomatoes, and Turnip. I ate the blueberries with my Supper pot pie ;-)

I washed these things and set them to dry.

Then I pulled yesterday’s gleanings from the ‘fridge and got them underway dehydrating …

Yellow Onion, Cucumber, & Cabbage.
Cabbage & Zucchini
Walla Walla Onions
Pumpkin

And while that was underway, I got busy making the Turkey Pot Pies I have been hungering for (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2019/08/homemade-turkey-pot-pies-recipe.html).

I was literally in the kitchen all day long.

The house smelled wonderful all day long.

I wanted Bob’s essence around me today – so I went to Youtube and pulled up this song, and I danced around the kitchen; seeing in my mind’s eye Bob dancing with me: he had some pretty cool dance moves – they were unique to him, and it took me some time to learn them so we were in sync ;-)

Bob liked this song – I liked Kenny. LOL

And in his 'long hair'/bearded days, Bob looked a little like Kenny - he even had the big framed amber tinted lens, too.

When the dehydration was complete, I liked how the dried food stuff look so colorfully bright:

Dried foods. Walla Walla Onion, Katrina Cabbage, & Jack-Be-Little Pumpkin

Thank you, Babe for the garden boxes.

I love you,

Always.

OX

No comments:

Post a Comment