Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, June 22, 2018

SPICY CHICKEN w-BROCCOLI Recipe


Too hot to cook a big meal today, so I pulled out one of my cookbooks and started thumbing through it for something quick and easy ;-)

I use what is in my freezer when I do not have fresh veggies on hand, so the veggies I used tonight are not “diagonally sliced” and that is okay with me and mine :-) I also served this meal with Jubilee Rice, which is a white-red-and black rice blend, instead of typical white rice. The Jubilee rice blend is tasty as well as colorful (the black and red rice tints the white rice a pretty purple color) – and yu'all KNOW I love color! LOL

My family is a small one, so I halved the recipe; but I am posting the original for larger families to enjoy.


SPICY CHICKEN w-BROCCOLI ~ 4 servings, about 1-1/2 cup per person

2 whole Chicken Breasts (about 2 pounds meat) * 2 teaspoons Cornstarch * ½ teaspoon Sea Salt * ¼ teaspoon White Pepper * 1 pound Broccoli * 3 Green Onions w-tops * 1 Jalapeno chili or 1 teaspoon dried Red Pepper flakes * 3 TBSP Vegetable Oil * 2 teaspoons Brown Bean Sauce or 2 TBSP dark Soy Sauce * 2 teaspoons minced Garlic * 1 teaspoon granulated Sugar * 1 teaspoon finely chopped Gingerroot * Cooke rice to serve 4 people

Remove bones and skin from chicken breasts; cat chicken into 2 x ½-inch pieces. Toss chicken, cornstarch, salt, and white pepper in a medium bowl – cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.

Pare outer layer from broccoli; cut broccoli lengthwise into 1-inch stems; remove florets. Cut stems diagonally into ¼-inch slices. Place broccoli florets and stems in boiling water; heat to boiling. Cover and cook 1 minute – drain. Immediately wash with cold water; drain.

Cut onions diagonally into 1-inch pieces. Remove seeds and membrane from chili pepper – cut chili into very thin slices.

Heat wok or 12-inch skillet until very hot. Add 3 TBSP oil; rotate wok to coat side. Add chili, bean sauce, garlic, sugar, and gingerroot; stir-fry 10 seconds. Add chicken and sir-fry for 2 minutes … or until chicken is white. Add broccoli and onions; stir-fry 1 minute or until broccoli is hot.


Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment