Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, June 26, 2017

Slowly But Surely …

The guys were busy bright and early this morning prepping the new house for the new flooring:

Our new home doesn't look so 'new' today ...
Closet doors removed so flooring can be laid tomorrow. There are ELEVEN BOXES and 2 large plastic bags stuffed with various weight yarns stacked on the closet shelf - I should be ashamed, but I'm not. LOL
This tool looks pretty wicked doesn't it?

Around noon today a portion of our new flooring arrived and has been set up to acclimate overnight. The fellas will start laying floor boards down tomorrow morning:

The rest of the flooring will arrive tomorrow while these packages are being divvied up and laid out.
We have never done floors this dark before, but this really does look nice with the blonde cupboards.

Hopefully all the flooring will be laid in place by the time the Moving Truck packs up and hauls the furniture Friday afternoon. I’d like to be able to place the furniture in the proper room as it is unloaded from the Truck instead of stuffing it all in one room and shuffling it into place next week; it will be much easier with the movers doing the heavy lifting and positioning. Hubs and I can do it … but I’d rather not have to ;-)

After viewing today’s work progress and seeing how well the dark flooring goes with the cupboards, we first hung the mezuzah on the front door jamb to bless our new home, and then went out to the breezeway and started setting up the hose reel, and put together my Deck Box and set that up …

Hose reel hooked up so I can water my hanging carport plants daily in this hot weather. It was 102 degrees yesterday! That's mighty HOT in this perpetually wet region and potted plants dry out quick.
My Deck Box assembled and put in place behind Hub's Shed. I'm thinking we will eventually have to buy more river rock to completely cover the underlying plastic the previous homeowner laid down.
Deck Box stocked full of my Terra cotta pots, plant fertilizers, and pesticides.

I’m glad we got that finished and out of the way; now I can rest easy knowing Hubs can get his bulky man stuff in his shed smoothly. Things are coming along slowly by surely :-D


Now I gotta go online and find out how to clean my Terra cotta ware that I got practically free from various Estate Sales – every one of them is crusty and needs to be scoured thoroughly before they are used.

No comments:

Post a Comment