Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, September 8, 2022

MOOD

Tonight, was my weekly Jam Session get-together 😊

The evenings are getting a little cooler; but it’s still too warm for a jacket, so I wore a light sweater.

My cheetah sweater πŸ˜‰

I was in a ‘mood’ today – all day long. My choice in clothing, and my eye makeup highlighted that playful mood:

Colorful beaded bauble bracelet.
Mood ... ‘Illusion’, ‘Adventurous’, & ‘Tango’ eyeshadows πŸ˜‰

I only allow myself 1 coffee a day – so I’d held off until just before walking out the door πŸ˜‰

I drove the Eufaula-Fall Creek Road the first portion of the drive to Spruce Creek; it’s not too far out of the way, and it does eventually tie back into Ocean Beach Highway … but it gives me a wind-down period before dealing with crazy drivers again. Ocean Beach Highway is getting bad with tailgater’s, leap-froggers, and lunatics that like to pass on a double-line stretch of roadway: I need the serenity of a bit of country backroad before dealing with stoned-out-druggies behind the driver’s wheel of jacked-up pickups and low-slug/over-priced road buggies.

As I drove along, the talking head on the radio announced that Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II had died. That does not bode well: England now has a bonehead for head of state – as we do here in America, with obiden. The future for both countries looks very bleak.

There was a nice turnout at the Jam Session tonight, and everyone was in a congenial mood. The evening was enjoyable and filled with spirited fun. I’m so glad the tensions have settled down, and everyone is enjoying the gathering again.

Spruce Creek Road-LV, WA

On my way home; as I rounded the bend on the Mill Creek Road, I saw the full moon rising over the Columbia River – the contrast of a darkening blue sky under a pink cloud, with a brilliantly bright Fall moon was eye-catching.

I did not get out of the car (after my face-plant a month ago, the full moon cannot lure me outside again πŸ˜‰), but I did roll the window down and get a good shot of it 😊

Mill Creek Road, LV-WA
Moonrise at Mill Creek.

I parked the car in the carport around 8:30 PM … I will be about an hour/hour and a half later getting home tomorrow: tonight, I was able to nip onto Germany Creek Road where traffic wasn’t so heavy, and oncoming headlights didn’t bother my eyes – good mood! Tomorrow, I have further to drive, and no backroads to nip onto (straight Ocean Beach Highway both ways); hopefully there won’t be fog to deal with crossing the KM Mountain, and I won’t have any headlight issues.

This is the time of year where day are getting shorter, night arrives earlier, and fog starts to roll in on the KM … and in Skamokawa (which I will be passing through). But I do like my ‘Sleuth Sister’ afternoons πŸ˜‰ I’ll keep enjoying them as long as I can before truly bad weather, and dicey circumstances, keep me at home until next Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment