Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Friday, August 26, 2022

SHABBAT EVE

As I’ve mentioned numerous times before – I celebrate the Sabbath, as mentioned in Scripture: I am not an orthodox Jew … and I do not adhere to any particular brand of religiosity. I simply do as Scripture says.

I specifically set Friday eve and all-day Saturday aside to relax in Elohim’s goodness towards me, a Messianic Jew; and I include/enjoy Sunday, which is “the Lord’s Day”, to Christians.

I am, in effect, a Messianic Christian; though neither Jew or gentile Christian recognizes the dovetailing implication.

But, Elohim, Yeshua, and the Ruach HaKo’desh totally understand 😊

For me, the Sabbath acknowledgement does not require the preparation of special foods, flowers, candles, clothing, or music. The only requirement is to set the day apart from the other six days … where the world infringes, and crowds my ‘personal space’.

And if you’ve been reading my weekly Friday posts – you know that I spend at least half of my Friday with friends, in Wahkiakum County; about 1½ hours away. I enjoy a relaxing afternoon lunch (nothing at all fancy), in a boardinghouse-potluck style setting. And that is perfectly okay, and acceptable for a low-key/kicked-back Shabbat, that works well for me 😉

Shabbat Eve is all about accepting Elohei’s much-needed “time alone” to unwind the body, relax the mind, and soothe the soul: a time to reflect on the weekly blessings in my life – and to appreciate the friends Elohim had richly blessed me with.

As I was driving to and fro, this afternoon, I listened to the Ellah Gorelik CD Bob and I bought years ago after enjoying her Shabbat Eve Concert in Vancouver. The songs were perfect for the Day … and I smiled at the memories invoked.

Ellah Gorelik – ‘Hallelujah, Amen’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDdah_eWqUQ)

Ellah Gorelick – ‘Light of the World’ song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x64Q29ZqSb0)

Today as been a great day 😊

((((Thank You, Elohim!))))

L'Chiam!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear you had a blessed Shabbat. I love your style of observing this special time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula: have a funtastic weekend, yourself!

      Friday sundown to Saturday sundown (Shabbat) is my time to relax with my beloved Husband, Yeshua for 24 uninterrupted hours, and just rest in his love, grace, & mercy; and on Sunday (the Lord's Day), to reflect on all His goodness towards me - His Beloved :-)

      It's very low-key with me.

      Delete