Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, March 26, 2022

BRONCHITIS HIJACKED MY WEEK

I haven’t posted in about a week; hopefully I’m on the rebound, and can start getting out of the house sometime in the coming week ahead.

Bronchitis: https://draxe.com/health/bronchitis-natural-remedies/

This past week I noticed that my ‘get-up-and-go’ had pretty much dissipated: I was so tired, I was falling asleep while standing up; and I was as weak as a newborn kitten. I had aches and pains. I was light headed, I didn’t have a fever – but I was warmer than usual and had clammy gooseflesh prickles. All I wanted to do was sleep – and that’s basically what I was doing ‘round the clock.

When I was awake, all I did was cough, wipe my runny nose, and attempt to pick up my dragging tail. My throat was sore from all the coughing. My ribs ached with the coughing activity.

I heard myself wheezing, and I started hacking up/spitting foul-tasting, discolored loogies; I knew I had a bronchial infection. I hoped asthma would stay in its own lane, and not hitch a ride on the bronchial flareup. I can deal with one at a time, but the two together would have been tryingand I didn’t want to pay a visit to the local ER. Everything is being pigeonholed as covid: I refuse that diagnosis for things I’ve suffered all my life: bronchitis and asthma.

So, I just did what I’ve done all of my life: I rested. I drank water. I ate light (very light, most days my stomach rebelled against food of any type). I read. I watched movies. I did an occasional quick craft. I lost weight (yippie!).

Home Remedies for Adult Bronchitis: https://www.webmd.com/lung/home-remedies-bronchitis

I watched birds touch down at the bird feeder outside the livingroom window – pretty trilling Rosy Finches, shrill whistling Red-Winged Blackbirds, a tiny Hummingbird trying to find a way through the window glass, little brown Wrens setting up house in the birdhouse next to the feeder, a Steller Jay … a Mourning Dove, and a Robin.


And all around me, on every side, are trees in full blossom. They may look nice; but they only compound my lung ailments.

I miss my walks.

I miss being out-of-house.

I miss dinking around in the garden area of my small, town, lot.

I miss visiting with people.

I miss the country drives I enjoy doing on a weekly basis.

In short … I miss my life’s basic routines before Spring pollens and bronchitis hijacked my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment