Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, February 13, 2022

AFFIRMATIONS AT OAK POINT

I had been invited last week to attend morning Sunday Service at Oak Point. Last night, preparing for bed, I still hadn’t made up my mind to go.

This morning I was wide awake by 7:30 AM … bathed, dressed, and hair/makeup done by 10 AM – making the 11 AM service was a cinch 😉

Longview’s lowlands were sunny and warm; another false Spring morning.

The drive was pleasant, and uneventful – no road crews holding traffic up, and no speed demons passing me in a blur in no-pass-zones.

And that peaceful vibe lasted all day long 😊

Turning off Ocean Beach Highway onto Mill Creek, I noticed the sunny warm feeling was dissipating: I was glad I had grabbed my denim jacket before I locked the house up, earlier.

Spruce Creek Road.
Sun melting frosty grass made the landscape look like fields were smoldering with a low-burning fire; Spruce Creek Road from Mill Creek Road.

There really isn’t much of an incline from Ocean Beach Highway to Mill Creek – that’s why I drive that route until “Spring” Spring, (when the weather is more stable). The roadway stays pretty level until the three-way-junction: then all three spurs begin to climb in elevation.

But even so, I admit I was surprised to see actual white ice sparkling on the blacktop when sunrays pierced the tree shadows.

Hunter Road from Heron Point; 13 mins. via OBH & Mill Creek Road.
3-way junction; L = Spruce Creek-Oak Point Rds, C = Hunter Rd, R = Beaver Creek Rd to Cathlamet via Elochoman Rd.
Oak Point from Hunter Road; 4 mins. via Spruce Creek Road.

I like country fellowship, with small country church buildings; mega, raucous vineyard “churches” with stadium seating, and rock concert screaming is not soothing to me – I like the friendliness of country gatherings, and I enjoy the old hymns.

The church building at Oak Point has a bell steeple: I like that old-fashioned ‘call to worship’, too 😊

Steeple Bell is rung every Sunday morning; 8 tolls.

The gathering was friendly; I don’t mind helping out with a free-will-offering, when the fellowship is welcoming.

I laughed when I unfolded this dollar bill; YES - yes, he did; affirmation #1.

The music was soothing, and uplifting.

The message was good, and encouraging.

After service, I asked for prayer … and got affirmation instead, for things I’ve been discussing with Elohim.

I’m glad I decided to drive to Oak Point this morning.

Every affirmation Rosie gave was a direct answer to what I have been discussing with Elohim, every night for the past 6 months.

The person who gave me the affirming message didn’t know anything about me – we are total strangers to one another. What was said to me was spot on, and direct answers to my prayers. The underlying current, was ‘Be still’.

I can do that.

I have already made up my mind to spend most of 2022 closer to home; so what was spoken over me (by way of cooling my heels; literally and figuratively) won’t be a hardship, at all 😉

Be still – listen to the still small voice – God has walked with me all of my life, and He will continue to do so – be ready for what He has to bless me with – praise Him every day … these are just snippets of what was spoken over me (I’m keeping the personal stuff to myself until it unfolds and becomes a fixture in my life).

Joel Chernoff – “Be Still My Soul” song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VNBajCjIrM

After Supper, I finished the Lapghan I’ve been working on. It’s bright and colorful … perfect to warm the toes on chilly Spring evenings 😉

MOD 'Spring Fling' Lapghan; FINISHED!

This has been a very good Sunday.

I am blessed.

I am encouraged.

I am building community – while, being ‘still’ 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment