Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, January 9, 2022

LONGVIEW RESTART

I didn’t plan on going to a car show today – I didn’t know there was one happening.

I didn’t plan on leaving the house … for any reason; until I was prodded to do so around 9:30 a.m.; reaching my “prodded” destination by 11 a.m.

Foggy morning on Ocean Beach Highway; song in background – “May You Shine”

The morning was thick with heavy fog, down here on the lowlands: the fog lights were utilized. I drove cautiously through the shrouding blanket of fog; I nipped off Ocean Beach Highway (which was full of crazy drivers zipping in and out of traffic at speeds well above the posted limit IN FOG WHERE HEADLIGHTS COULD NOT BE SEEN UNTIL THE CAR WAS A SHORT LENGTH AWAY FROM YOUR CAR) and onto 42nd Avenue; taking the back way to my destination.

I didn’t know what the upper roads looked like … but I thought they’d probably be a lot safer than Ocean Beach Highway. I was glad I took the high road 😉 I was immediately out of the fog, and driving on dry roads, free of crazy drivers, snow, and ice. The rest of the prodded route was stress free.

Leaving that prodded point of interest around 1 p.m., I decided to stop for lunch at Sizzler – and ran into friends there 😊

It is good to know, since I am sinking roots in Longview, that I have friends at every turn: no matter where I am, in Longview. Some friends live in Longview – some are far flung … but come to Longview at various times, for various reasons; and we run into each other all over town 😉

Aside from reconnecting with old friends, and making new friends – I am also starting to get involved in community things: tracking down a local Fellowship (or 2, or 3; all for different reasons); helping in a local Food Bank (I like doing that, and have missed helping); joining a crafting club (I enjoy handcrafts, and the companionship of crafters). These are a few ways to get involved in community, make connections, and stay abreast of what is going on in my small corner of the world.

Community involvement isn’t anything new to me – actively doing it in Longview, is.

Longview was always Bob’s “thing”: I was just along for the ride, so to speak. And since Bob’s spirit moved on to a higher level of living, I’ve been on drift – now, it’s time to sink roots/explore what Longview has to offer/start aggressively building a New Life, in old digs.

I’m no stranger to rebuilding a new life, either – I’ve had to do that practically all of my life of date: my life has had so many restarts, I can truthfully tell people that ask how I am doing, “I am at a new place in my life”. My 44 years with Bob was the only time my life was on a relatively steady level.

Bob was my anchor.

Bob’s love was my {home}.

But Bob is no longer here.

It's time to “get on with it”.

It’s time for another restart.

For the past 3 years, I’ve burned up the roads – east/west and north/south. I’ve had the house up for sale, and had to pull it again because Elohim always pulled the emergency break; to force me to put down roots, here, in a place I’d rather not be: but, I never argue with Elohim; He will allow me an occasional foot-stomp and pout … but when He says, “Enough, Val”, I straighten up and fall in line with His Plan. I don’t have to like the way He is bringing His Plan about – but I am wise enough to know (from past experiences) that His Plan is always the Best Plan for my life.

So, as I start another restart, I am starting with a lot of help from Yeshua, a little help from my friends … and no idea at all as to where it will lead; I’m just going with the flow.

Rollin’ With The Flow Song: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbesKFHcRXs)

Leaving Sizzler, and driving towards home, I happened to see the lower end of Safeway’s parking lot filled with cars – obviously on display. So, I flicked my turn signal on, checked traffic on all sides of the Highlander … and then zipped across 3 lanes and into Safeway’s parking lot.

The Car Show was a small one: probably about 24 vehicles on display – but I was curious. Even though I was wearing a skirt and fancy girl boots, there is still enough tomboy in me, to stop and take a stroll among the ‘man toys’ 😉

These are the cars that caught my eye 😊

I like style. I like color. I like individuality.

There were newer models displayed, but I skirted past those: they didn’t appeal to me.

There was another muscle car that I liked, but I walked past it, too, without taking a peek at it: it was sporting the stars and bars flag – and I don’t waste my time on that nonsense.

The stars and bars flag mean National Division to me, and frankly MPO is that anyone who displays that flag hates what America stands for: unity, brotherhood, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, liberty, and freedom.

Some think the stars and bars stands for slavery, but that line of reasoning flies right out the window when taken into account what is happening in America, today, with obamanites forcing reverse racism on Americans, and doing their damndest to place American Patriots under barak hussain obama-backed-blm islamic rule; and The House demonrat communist slavery.

As far as I am concerned, the blm movement – as well as DC politicians are ALL under the stars and bars banner in their heart of hearts: despite what they say with their lying lips.

It was bright and sunny from West Side Highway to downtown Longview … but as I turned into Heron Pointe though, I was back under a fog cloud.

Given the current management of Heron Pointe Park, I think there could be an underlying message in that 😉

The only place in Longview with a lingering fog presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment