Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, January 9, 2022

WHAT REALLY OFFENDS ME

Again, a Blast from the Past: what I posted on my PB Page today, last year, hasn’t changed.

FB POST ~ 2021: Vulgar language does not offend me ... and I actually find it amusing that other’s get so bent about it.

Yeshua never had anything to say about it; the only ones who ever said anything about it was Paul and his associates. And Paul came from a Pharisaical background.

That said, there are 2 types of wording that DOES OFFEND me: disrespecting women in general - but more specifically, mothers. So, the term 'Mo Fo' (I refuse to say or print the actually term usually used) will make me shame the offender with 'the eye'. Most people only have to be asked once not to say that around me after I explain why it offends me. If the offenders continue using the term around me ... I just cull them from my life. Problem solved. There is no use browbeating them.

And, using the Lord's Name in vain. It is a blatant slur towards Almighty God - and an arrogant aim at me, personally, when said by a person who personally knows me and knows that I am a Christian: they will slur the Name of Yeshua & Elohim - but you will never hear them slur the name of allah, buddah, hari krishna - or the like. For them to continue slurring the name of Yeshua and God in my presence, shows a total disregard for me - all the way around. After I have repeatedly asked them not to do so ... I will just cull them from my life because it is obvious, they are intent of flexing their muscles of uncouth behavior in a lame attempt to "trigger" me; and I am not going to be the brunt of their devilish behavior. Problem solved. There is no use in browbeating them.

We live in America; people are free to express themselves freely.

And people are also free to move along if they are that seriously offended.

A federal case does not have to be taken up over words that people use.

When I am out and about, I try to watch what I say when I am visiting with people who are very pious. That is NOT "being a hypocrite" ... it IS being a conscientious observer, a respectful friend, and being kind. EX: when I was younger - and had the body for it - I wore a little yellow bikini that Bob liked. Most of our friends were young like us; and coupled with the love of their life … and there was no issue because there was no wandering eyes or thoughts. IF, however, we were swimming with a church group where certain husbands with weak characters always made it a point to make snide remarks about "a woman's modesty" ... we usually left before swimming got under way: not because I was upset that I couldn't wear my little yellow bikini ... but because, even if I wore a very conservative 1-piece swimsuit - it would not have been enough to satisfy that kind of mindset: they would have found fault if I had worn a potato sack with a rope tie around the waist. So, we just left. Problem solved - no hard feelings.

I COULD make an issue out of "my right" to utter words of choice (and in past days, wear that little yellow bikini 'just because I have the right'), and press my rebel points - but what good, would that really do? It would show immaturity, and disrespect for my friends (who I trust to graciously respect my restraint in their presence; LOL!)

When I am home - what I say and do in MY own home, is my business - and I won't be harangued in my home: by anyone.

And, as I said before, Elohim knows my address and how to get my attention if my words and behavior needs addressing. HE is my husband, now - and answer only to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment