Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, August 5, 2021

A SNAFU

2021 has been a continual 'happening' year; and it should be busy through the remainder of it.

I drove out to Ryderwood, again, this afternoon.

Deer are thick in the country ... one needs to be constantly diligent; Westside Hwy nearing Vader.

I arrived early, so I had some time to kill before the walk-through appointment.

Little Falls Cemetery; established 1881 - I had time to kill before the house viewing appointment.
Why not ... it's a good way to check out the local area.
I didn't see anything I liked - road ended about 5 minutes into it.
I like this promising sign. I prefer farm eggs over store eggs.

A little past noon, Shay and I did the walk through; and I liked what I saw.

As soon as I saw it on the internet a few days ago, I wanted it.

As soon as I walked through the front door, this afternoon, I immediately felt at home.

There will need to be some upgrades, but all in all, the house {fits} me 😉

I knew I would bid for it 😊

I'm buying a house!
I'm jazzed ... but the house will need Big Ticket upgrades.
I'm hoping the 'immediate' repairs get done before fall rains begin.

Taking this solo lobo forward step in my new life, is exciting; and pleasantly scary, at the same time.

It is also necessary; it is a growth step – it also a step out of the 31 months of hellish anguish associated with Heron Pointe.

The house inspection should take about a week’s time: then, all I have to do is crack the whip with the needed contractors, to get the jobs done before the Fall rains kick in.

Back in Longview, I took care of some business downtown, and decided to have a celebratory Supper.

The Ryderwood house inspection would soon be underway … and mu house, here at Heron Pointe, will be going up for sale, soon – possibly next week sometime.

Downtown business finished ... it's time for a pizza and beer celebratory Supper.
I stopped at Lowe's on the way home to grab some paint chips, and linoleum patches. I LIKE this part.

I shared my good news with my SIL, Merry, while I was in town.

I ate Supper at home … and shared my good news with friends.

And then … I got a phone call from Shay that I was hoping I wouldn’t get: there is another interest in the Ryderwood house

I am engaged in a bidding war: I could lose the house if the other interested party ups the ante. I can afford to go a bit higher … but not sky high.

Shay is working tonight to get my pre-approval pushed through, so that can be signed tomorrow morning – and we can, hopefully stop the counter bid.

Darn it!

I can already see myself enjoying that house.

Please Father: let this be Your Will, to see me in that house, too.

whatever the outcome, I will bow to Your Will.

You are my God.

And I love You.

If possible, let me get the house – but if You close the door, I will nod to that decision.

I know You have my best interests planned.


**Update: I like things to flow smoothly.

Things work better for my life if there are no snafus to wade through; competitive complications turn me off.

I’m that way with anything – and everything: husband, cars, houses, ect. I saw Bob: I wanted Bob … 7 years later and unexpectantly, I had Bob. Bob spotted a car for me – I saw it, liked it too … we came home with a car. The last three houses were the same: we saw them, liked them, bought them.

NO COMPLICATIONS.

Everything gelled.

Everything {fit}.

Transactions went smoothly without hitches.

If it causes me to overthink it/messes with my peace of mind; or has to be won by a pricey tug-of-war tussle … I can walk away from it.

So, I’m letting the Ryderwood house go: like I said earlier, it needs a lot of work, and the price is already higher (MPO) than it should be for the overhaul it will need.

The seller is not willing to negotiate any further, which means ALL the concessions will be on MY END to buy the house, now that another party has engaged; and I am not willing to engage in a price war with that interested party.

I’m a very good poker player: keeping a losing hand in a losing game, is a fool’s errand.

I may be a lot of things … but, I am no fool.

I was excited – yes; and I will be excited again, when the right {fit} comes along. Without added baggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment