Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

BUSY DAY IN 2 COUNTIES ~ No Lamb in Sight

I needed to go downtown for some batteries, so I did that – after I set the garbage bins out for tomorrow’s pick up.

It was supposed to be a quick trip downtown.

I didn't get fancy with my appearance.

After I bought the batteries, I thought I’d drive into Castle Rock and grab a few salads to round out my meals.

As I neared Castle Rock, I heard the talking head on the radio say, “It appears March has come in like a Lamb, and will go out like a Lamb”. I burst out laughing, envisioning a rampaging lamb – I don’t know where that fella was speaking from; but I can tell you that in these parts, a March Lion has been tearing things up, with some pretty schizoid weather.

There hasn’t been a Lamb in sight …

March's feisty 'lamb'.

When I got to Castle Rock, and was in Select Market thinking what type of salads to bring home … I got to thinking of all the tasty salad dressings I could whip up using any of the collected recipes I have gathered over the decades: so, I came home with 3 plastic containers of various salad greens - they’ll do until my own garden starts pumping out salad greens πŸ˜‰

Heading back home, I turned off Westside Highway onto Delameter Road; it has been a while since I’ve used that crossover road. I was hoping the road construction had moved past the gravel stage … but if it was still a dusty/muddy mess, I’d tough the rough ride out – the car is filthy anyway until the rains settle down, and it can get washed (hopefully in April).


Delameter Road to Heron Pointe. 16 min's (9.6 miles).

Driving along Delameter, I was glad to see there was no more gravel: but I was not glad to see what has been done with that lovely country drive. The road has been raised significantly in places; a hay strewn mud wall rises on one side, guardrails are placed statically, and ugly metal bar-cement bridges have been put over culvert drainage ditches.

The whole thing really hurt my eyes: the drive used to be relaxing, and pretty.

Now, it is some ‘educated’ eco-freak’s urban eye-sore.

A little further on, another ugly sight assaulted my vision.

A tiny patch of forest had been logged – and again, some ‘educated’ eco-freak’s idea is messing up the view.

Logging going on up Delameter - small patch; probably a private log sale.

I don’t have a problem with logging … I married a logger in 1974 – and Bob was born into/raised in a logging family. I appreciate loggers.

But I do have a problem with educated idiots forcing their idea of utopia on us: those raised logging litter pyramids are an eye-sore – and wildfire tinder. The litter pyramids are ridiculous; and serve no logical reason, other than to soothe the egomaniac’s {reasoning}.

I was glad to put Delameter Road behind me when I reached the end of it.

And that was a sad thought : Delameter used to be a nice country cross-over drive.

After I got home, and put the salad greens in the ‘fridge, it was about 11 AM: so, I got to thinking it was still early in the day … and I hadn’t been to Eden Valley yet this year; so, I put together some flower urns with Spring theme flower arrangements for Bob’s Grandparent’s plot, and his Father plot – and took some Spring flowers along, to put on our plot, replacing those I had placed in the Fall.

Off I went.

The day was young.

The weather was favorable.

Eden Valley has always soothed me.

Eden Valley Cemetery from Heron Pointe. 59 min. (46.6 mi)

When I got to our plot, I saw again, that everything had been scattered; I picked up the upended flower pot and solar lamp. It’s kinda disheartening when I see the floral arrangements I make up/set in place, strewn around I tatters.

Glancing around the cemetery perimeters, I could see that stormy weather had caused a lot of damage to the sentinel trees standing along the borders.

It looks like storm chaos blew through.
Several trees were 'topped', and broken limbs lay all around the premises.
The poor bedraggled trees and shrubs need pruning.

Everywhere was evidence of March tearing through like a lion: there was no evidence there has been a gentle lamb passing through …

Everyone else’s plots looked bright and cheery – but the people who place the arrangements live in the Valley, and can stay on top of the blowsy situations … I do not, so it is discouraging to always be picking up scattered remnants of the arrangements I lovingly make to honor those I have loved/those who have loved me.

I brought the flower pot and tattered flowers home; and I’ll take the lovely arrangements I made this afternoon back when the weather has settled down, and they may actually stay in place.

Driving back home, I was startled to see – and feel – the highway sliding away near the Transfer Station turnout.

Highway sliding near top of KM.

Is the whole KM area falling apart?

March’s Lamb must have bypassed this area, too.

If the County gets to fixing this stretch of road, that will put a real pinch in travel between neighboring towns; there is no close alternate route that would connect Skamokawa with Graysriver: KM Mountain is {it}.

I hate the Astoria-Megler Bridge, which would be the only alternate route available if/when the road patchwork is done.

That would be a very long alternate route to Graysriver.

Wahkiakum County

There are logging roads that tie-in; but those rough roads are gated to the public because of morons that have dumped garbage … and bodies … on isolated logging roads. The logging roads would be good alternates because they are pretty (rough, but pretty scenic); but garbage and dead bodies would not be pleasant to see along the route.

And most people, driving cars, want paved alternate routes.

Coming off KM Mountain, I noticed a computer update on the car’s dashboard: {power mode} is a new thing that wasn’t there earlier – and it is apparently “off”, and I was not understanding what needed to be done to turn it “on”. I didn’t even know what it is for. So … I drove straight through Longview, to Dick Hannah’s in Kelso.

I don't know what 'power mode' is ... or why it's 'off'; so drove to Dick Hannah's when I reached Longview.
MAP Cowlitz County
Dick Hannah in Kelso from Ocean Beach Highway, Longview. 13 mins.

The Power Mode purpose never was explained to me – but the fella there did turn it on πŸ˜‰

Leaving Dick Hannah’s, I decided to stop in at the Chef’s Store Warehouse Foods, and grab some halibut – I am sticking to my weight loss agenda 😊

While I was there, I grabbed some sea scallops too.

I like fish meals – Bob didn’t.

But now, there is just my taste buds to please … so, I came home with halibut, sea scallops, and cleaned-filleted-razor clams πŸ˜‰

Stopped at Chef's Store on the way home and got some Sea Scallops for my WW Meals.
SPENDY, but worth it.

This week is Holy Week observances of the Last Supper … leading up to Good Friday, and Resurrection Sunday.

I am so glad that the insanity of the demonrat obamanites cannot seriously affect my life. I live in this world, that is truebut I do not love this world; therefore, I am not bound by the raging insanity of the obamanite lawlessness.

I am thankful for the scenic beauty of Yeshua’s created world: but, I know that it will some day go up in flames – to be replaced with a new world, and a beauty that will never fade.

I am thankful for my life: but, I know that eventually this body will die, and my spirit will be housed in a new body – like the one Bob’s spirit now resides in; a body that will never know pain, or age.

I am thankful that I gave birth … and welcomed 4 grandchildren into our family network; but, I know the children and grandchildren are individuals that have to make their own decision concerning Elohei. I love them, but I do not love them more than Yeshua. Bob understood this – the children/grandchildren do not; they do not want to understand. They do not acknowledge Elohim. They do not want to know Yeshua. They reject the Ruach Ha’Kodesh. Elohei is foreign to them … and they hate me for being a Christian.

They have chosen the world, and everything that is of the world.

When my time here on Earth comes to an end, I want to be where Yeshua, and Bob are.

Mahalia Jackson – “When I Wake Up In Glory” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw4GMsTrwhE)

Mahalia Jackson – “Walk All Over God’s Heaven” ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSq9tvwM5_c)

My whole life – since I was 8 years old – has been built around my love for Yeshua and his devotion to me; I cannot allow my love for anything or anyone committed to living for this world and what this world has to offer, to override my love for Yeshua; I will remain faithful and true to Yeshua.

He is my heart’s desire.

He is my Salvation.

He is the Lover of my soul.

He is my Husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment