Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, February 11, 2021

MOD SHORTIE IN-THE-PINK VALENTINE Kitchen Towel

I designed this kitchen towel to match a heart dishcloth I had designed a while ago – there is no pattern for the dishcloth, but it is pretty simple to make: I used a Valentine’s candy box insert as a guide and increased/decreased accordingly until my dishcloth was finished to my satisfaction. Easy-peasy. 

This towel is a mishmash combination.

This towel set has 3 different colors of pink in the design: The dishcloth was made with Hot Pink … and a lighter pink that is no longer made. The towel was made with Hot Pink cotton yarn – with a contrast worsted yarn topper; because I had enough scrap yarn of that type to actually finish up.

This towel is a shortie because I ran out of main color cotton yarn

But, it is long enough to suffice: I am a shortie too, which means, I have small hands πŸ˜‰

And I added a white star button because everyone is a star on Valentines Day … and the star buttons only came in three colors: white matches the design better than a bright red, or blue, would have 😊

Despite the patched together design process, I think the towel turned out okay.

Finished towel … just in time for Valentine’s Day πŸ˜Š

I’m not really a pattern writer … I aimlessly jot down chicken-scratch-notes as I work along for personal reference (which doesn’t mean anything to anyone else), so I hope this pattern in understandable to the rest of you.

************

Cotton yarn in Hot Pink

# 10-1/2 knitting needles

#J/10 crochet hook

 

CO 73 sts & work 4 rows Moss Stitch.

Work 4 rows stockinette st, keeping each end of towel in 6 sts moss stitch pattern.

Towel hem and border; I marked each end sts to keep the border pattern straight.

Row 9: Work 6 sts in Moss St pattern for side trim; then work as follows: K 6, *P 1, K 11*; repeat * to * across row – end K 6 and 6 sts moss st.

Row 10: 6 sts Moss St, P 5, *K 3, P 9*; rpt * to * across row – end P 5 and 6 sts moss st.

Row 11: 6 sts Moss St, K 4, *P 5, K 7*; rpt * to * across row – end K 4 and 6 sts moss st.

Row 12: 6 sts Moss St, P 3, *K 7, P 5*; rpt * to * across row – end P 3 and 6 sts moss st.

Row 13: 6 sts Moss St, K 2, *P 9, K 3*; rpt * to * across row – end K 2 and 6 sts moss st.

Row 14: 6 sts Moss St, P 3, *K 3, P 1, K 3, P 5*; rpt * to * across row – end P 3 and 6 sts moss st.

Row 15: 6 sts Moss St, K 4, *P 1, K 3, P 1, K 7*; rpt * to * across row – end K 4 and 6 sts moss st.

Heart Pattern hemline.

Row 16: Work 1 row purl, keeping 6 sts EA END in Moss Stitch Pattern.

Continue now in stockinette st, keeping each end in moss st, for a total of 53 rows from beginning: end wrong side of work. If you want a longer towel, and have enough yarn … work 61 rows.

Decrease for towel topper as follows: P 2 – P 3 tog across row to last 2 sts: end P 2 sts.

Change from knitting needles to crochet hook and work in sc as follows: dec 1 st EA end until 8 sts remain.

Sc for 13 rows.

Sl st x5; ch 6 and sl st in same sp; sl at to end. Turn.

Dc x12 in chain loop; EO.

Add decorative trim, of your choice, around button loop.

Sew button in place and weave in loose ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment