Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, November 21, 2020

DISHWASHER WOES

An update on my dishwasher woes; I had posted last week about a leak ...

(https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2020/11/give-it-to-god.html)

Pardon the messy kitchen; I just "couldn't": standing up for any length of time was excruciating 😭 - there was NO WAY I could have cleaned like a whirling dervish before they arrived.

For 44 years, I had an in-home Maintenance Man; I am learning, now, to lean on others for help.

If they noticed my domestic pig-pen; they never let on 😉

Thursday, the Vetter’s (great couple; friendly & informative) came to check the DW out ...
The problem does not seem to be related to a water leak – anywhere.

The problem does not seem to be related to a water leak – anywhere.

Longview water sentiment and a gasket appears to be the issue.

A water leak has been eliminated at the culprit.
Going through a process of elimination to get a handle on the situation.
The gasket appears to be the issue.
The floor is dry; no evidence of water under the dishwasher – or running down the side of the kitchen cabinet.
The rinse cycle was run – but there didn’t appear to be any water seepage.

The rinse cycle was run – but there didn’t appear to be any water seepage.

They worked hard on trying to get rid of the Longview water damage.

Before they packed up their gear and left, paper towels were laid down at the corners of the dishwasher underside.

The paper towels were 100% dry when I went to be around 10 PM; Vetter’s had left around 2 PM.

When I woke up Friday morning, I noticed the left side paper towel was saturated: the right side was 100% dry.
I sopped the water puddle up, and called Cole’s; someone is scheduled to come check this situation out in about 2 weeks time. There is only me now, and I’m not doing a Cookathon any time soon because of my left leg pain; and washing dishes by hand doesn’t bother me ... frustrations do.

Getting down on my knees was not easy with my bum leg; but I couldn't leave that puddle there.

Even if the kitchen floor is solid stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment