Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, January 23, 2020

MOD KNIT FLORAL KITCHEN TOWEL


Last night, while listening to the blowhard demoncrats say the baseless crap  o.v.e.r.a.n.d.o.v.e.r.a.n.d.o.v.e.r. again … I hauled out my scrap paper, colored felt pens, cotton yarn, knitting needles and crochet hook; and spent the time productively designing and crafting a new Spring kitchen towel - my other ones are getting pretty thin - even cotton yarn starts breaking down over the years.

I had saved a pattern detail I liked (found on Pinterest), so I made a handmade grid using that design to fit MOD towel pattern:



Once the grid fit the gauge, I started knitting. It made listening to the painful and annoying demoncrat twaddle a bit easier to stomach …

MOD Knit Floral Kitchen Towel hemline.

By the time C-Span wrapped up the torturous ordeal, my towel was completed :-D

MOD Knit Floral Kitchen Towel finished - I think it turned out pretty good :-D

This morning, I was getting ready to make crab cakes for freezer meals, when a friend called and insisted that I needed to get out of the house … and join her for lunch downtown at the County Folks Deli on Commerce. She knows I am not “peopling” at the moment, but she said, “Val, you still have to eat: join me.” So, I got dressed, and drove into town – I am eating at home (full course meals, not just snacks), but it did sound inviting to enjoy her company sans judgement. She knows me: she knows my background. There was good convo, good food, no judgement.

I also went for another reason, which I related to her when we were enroute – this is the first time I have been back to the Country Folks Deli since becoming a widow. Bob and I had eaten here at least once a month since they opened for business back in the 1980’s: there are A LOT OF MEMORIES connected to that place. I needed to KNOW that I could walk into that restaurant without breaking down.

I laughed when I sat in our booth and saw this notification above the menus :-D I got a Reuben, a Root Beer; they didn't have Coke, and a slice of Cheesecake (Bob always got a root beer) - and she got a Salad and a Diet Pepsi.
This sign made me smile, because we were 2 old country hens enjoying a peaceful lunch; surrounded by an atmosphere that caters to country pleasures.

Back home, I finished making and frying the crab cakes (https://jeastofeden.blogspot.com/2020/01/maryland-crab-cakes-recipe.html). And, after I post this post to Blog, I am going to finish a matching blue dishrag for MOD Floral Kitchen Towel ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment