Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, January 23, 2020

MARYLAND CRAB CAKES Recipe


These crab cakes are delish.

They are simple and quick to make.

This recipe comes from my ‘Weight Watcher’s Favorite Homestyle Recipes’ cookbook.

Because my body does not process some foods safely, I have to be very careful what I eat … and because I enjoy a wide variety of foods – including those on the medical “no-no list”; I have to find ways to incorporated the foods I like into my strict eating regimen. I like nuts and cornmeal; so, these things have to be ground as finely as possible, to cause as little/no harm to my body as possible.

Today, I ground cornmeal into a powder:

Cornmeal ready to be ground.

MARYLAND CRAB CAKES Recipe ~ Makes 4 servings

14 ounces cooked Crabmeat (I use imitation crab meat) * 12 Saltine Crackers, crushed * 1 large Egg, beaten * 1/4 cup. Chopped Onion * 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie Mayonnaise * 2 Tablespoons fresh Lemon juice * 1 Tablespoon dried Parsley * 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce * 1/2 teaspoon hot Pepper Sauce, or to taste * 1/4 cup Cornmeal

In large bowl, combine all ingredients except cornmeal until thoroughly blended, Shape mixture into 4 patties.

Place cornmeal on medium plate; coat both sides of patties with cornmeal …

I breaded my cakes on a wax-papered cookie sheet: laid a layer of cornmeal down - topped with patties; sprinkled cornmeal on the patties.

Spray large non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute; place cakes in skillet and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Turn over and cook until other side is golden – about 3 minutes longer:

I used imitation crab meat - tripled the recipe & made 12 patties; freezing them in portions for future meals. Cooked imitation crab meat is safe to refreeze, cooked.

Each serving: 130 calories, 5 g Protein, 5 g Fat, 15 g Carbohydrate, 18 mg Calcium, 214 mg Sodium, 64 mg Cholesterol, 1 g Dietary Fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment