Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, September 8, 2019

UNTIL IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO GO


Buffy Saint Marie - a Cree Indian songwriter & songstress wrote this song, but I like the way Roberta sings it ;-)

Bob & I were "worlds apart": Bob dabbled in the hippie lifestyle in his young adult life - and Gloria and Alex {think} they are {hippies} , but they are actually VERY materialistic and anything BUT peaceful.

BUT, I WAS RAISED a beatnik-hippie. THAT WAS MY LIFE.

My mother was a coffee-house beatnik. She later evolved into the hippie lifestyle.

My father was career military: the 2 met when my father, who was army buddies with her brother - my Uncle Joe, went home on leave with him ... to Pennsylvania.

But they were worlds apart; eventually they divorced in 1970; here in WA State - and my mother remarried that same year, to a Vietnam POW, who had recently been returned to America from his Vietnam prison camp. John and my mother had a LOT in common: they shared the hippie lifestyle, mindset, and theology.

Because I was raised a beatnik-hippie, that life lost its "appeal" to me looooooong ago.

So, though Bob & I were worlds apart - we were both ready to meld our worlds together to create our own universe.

I love this song – it SO explains “us”. Though I agreed to marry Bob … I made it clear that he could leave whenever he wanted to: he never wanted to. I wanted a marriage built on L.O.V.E. Every day, for 44 years, Bob stoked that love into flames when embers smoldered. I was always a free spirit – Bob held me to him with love. Always love.

Bob was the Sun, around which I happily revolved in the life we forged.

Though he is no longer here - the warmth he generated with his unconditional love - still lightens my life.

I love you, Babe.

Forever.

OX


No comments:

Post a Comment