Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, September 16, 2019

ME & YOU


I was walking around the Lake downtown the other day with a friend, and she asked me, "Val, did you always know it was Bob? Always?"

And I said, "Always."

And she asked how we met ... and I told her.

I saw him at the corner of the Grade School in 1967 - fell head over heels. I was a lost cause .... waaaaay gone. LOL Then, I met him 7 years later; David Almer introduced me to him on Main Street - literally ran Bob across the road to meet me: and I ignored him because I was seeing someone else, and wasn't interested! Stupid me. But, really, Elohim was safeguarding the 2 of us. A few months later, in March, Doug Moss literally threw Bob & I together when he insisted I be at a kegger he was throwing at the house he was renting a room at: I almost didn't go ... but destiny was at work ;-) I went - Bob showed up - I carded Bob because he was obviously too old to be where we underagers were ... AND REALIZED IT WAS THE FACE my heart pined for. I spilled the beans to Bob about the school corner peekaboo/Bob laughed and was intrigued/we spent the rest of the evening talking in a quiet corner of his livingroom/he walked me home to make my midnight curfew. Bob called me in April to ask me out for a real date, and I went. Except for Bob's work hours, we were never apart after that.

She said, "Wow, Val: you really did marry your dream man."

And I said, "Yep. I sure did. And he never let the fantasy die. Bob was my man. Forever."

There is no room in my heart for anyone else - Bob's love fills every chamber.

It will always be "Me & You".

Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment