Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

FLYING THE EAGLE


It was quite a morning while I was dealing with AT/T & Red Canoe, A.G.A.I.N. – as well as UPS.

Apparently, the money was shifted to the correct account last week: so, the bill has been paid. The AT/T rep said that she didn't know why I haven't had any service since Monday 12'noon, but it is straightened out now - thinking it was a software glitch. And, I had to CHANGE MY PASSWORD A.G.A.I.N. I let her know that I am getting tired of doing that too; it's stupid when she is talking to ME, and it has been CONFIRMED THAT I AM ME. I am running out of things to think of to make those morons happy with their stupid "laws" - both at AT/T & Red Canoe. I did get feisty and {saluted} them both before I came back home: Bob always hated me doing that, but ... sometimes you gotta fly the eagle when every other expression fails to get your point across.

Then it was over to UPS; where, again I got feisty.

All I wanted to do was mail 2 pairs of knit & crochet slippers to my granddaughter to keep her toes toasty now that it is Fall ... and UPS wanted to upset the whole thing and charge me $20! According to the girl who waited on me, UPS has new rules which make it {unsafe} to use your own boxes and brown mailing paper to send your packages through UPS. So, she wanted to charge me $7 for the meager weight (homemade knitted or crocheted slippers weight little more than airy fluff) - and on top of that, she told me she could tear off the brown mailing paper with the address on it and ship the shoe box the with the slippers in it WITHOUT WRAPPING with a UPS Mailing Sticker on it. Is she for real??? I told her that was not acceptable - it would look tacky and not stand up under the travel from here to there (I have SEEN how the drivers treat their entrusted packages! They just chuck them into the back of their trucks: it would get destroyed enroute). So, she said, "Well I can transfer your box into one of our boxes ... but that will cost you and extra $10, plus mailing fee." I JUST LOOKED AT HER LIKE SHE WAS AN ALIEN FROM MARS. I said, "Are you telling me that the way my package is wrapped is 'unsafe' ... but if your hands make it 'safe' by simply touching it, lifting it, and moving it into a UPS box, THAT will run $10? THAT is insanity to the nth." And she said, "Well, that's what it will cost. And it will cost about the same at the P.O." So, I shook my head, picked up my package, did the flying eagle thing, and came back home.

At that point, I didn't much care if Bob would have been embarrassed or not with all the finger play happening this morning. I was pissed.



The slippers will get delivered to her the end of October, when I drive to Sauvie's Island - she can pick them up there - it really doesn't get cold in the PNW until the end of October anyway.

At least I am not cooling my heels in jail for slamming heads together ;-)

But, I sure kept my Guardian Angels on their toes this morning ...

No comments:

Post a Comment