Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Thursday, September 5, 2019

1 CORINTHIANS ~Chapter 10



1 CORINTHIANS ~Chapter 10

“I want to remind you, brethren, that our fathers all marched out of Egypt under the pillar of cloud, and all passed through the Red Sea. And they were all baptized in the cloud and in the sea as followers of Moshe. Furthermore, they all ate the same spiritual food. And they all drank the same spiritual drink, for they drank of the Spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Mashiach. Yet most of them disappointed Elohim, and their dead bones lay strewn in the wilderness.

These events are examples to us, warning us not to want to do evil as they did, for as Scripture says, ‘The people sat down to eat and drink, and roe up to dance.’ We are not to commit fornication, as some of them did, and 23,000 of whom fell dead in one day. Nor must we try the patience of Yeshua, as some of them did, and they were killed by serpents. We must not grumble, as some of them did, for which they were put to death by the destroying angel (Exodus 32:4 & 6; Numbers 25:1-18, 16:41 & 49, and 21:5 & 6).

These events that happened to them are examples, and are recorded as warnings to us who now live toward the end of time. It means this, that he who is sure he stands safely must take care for fear he may fall. You have had no temptation except such as is common to men. And Elohei is faithful, for He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, and when temptation does come, He will provide a way out of it so that you can come through victoriously.

My beloved brethren, shun idol worship altogether. I am talking to men of understanding, so you must weigh carefully what I say. The cup of blessing, which we take – is it not the blood of Mashiach that we share with Him? And the bread we break – is it not the body of Mashiach that we also share with Him? Though we are many, the one loaf makes us all one body, for we all share in the one bread.

See how the Jews do it! Are not those who eat the sacrifices, partners in the altar services? Now, what do I mean? A I saying that an idol-god really exists, or that food sacrificed to idols has some value? Not at all; for what the heathen sacrifice, they offer to devils, and not to Elohei. And I do not want to you to have any fellowship with devils. You cannot drink both the cup of Mashiach and the cup of devils. You cannot be a guest at both the Lord’s Supper and at the table of devils. Or are we trying to stir up Elohim’s anger? Surely, we are not stronger than He is, are we?

As I said, everything is lawful to me, but not everything is good for me, so I can add – everything is lawful for me, but not everything is constructive. Let no one, then, work only for his own good, but rather let each one seek the good of others. You may eat what is sold at the markets without ask any questions to satisfy your conscience. The Earth, with all that is in it, belongs to Mashiach.

Should some unbeliever ask you to dinner, and you wish to go, eat what is set before you without asking about anything to satisfy your conscience. But if someone says, ‘Thi9s was offered to an idol’, then do not eat it, considering your informant and that it is a matter of conscience. I refer not to your conscience, but to his. But why should my freedom be determined by another’s conscience? Or, why should they speak evil of me if I eat my meal in thankfulness and give thanks for what I eat? You should always give Elohim the glory, whether you eat or drink, or do anything else. Give no offense to Jew or Greek, not to the Church of God. It is my desire to please everyone in everything I do. I do not strive for personal profit, but seek the good of as many as possible, in order that they may be saved.’



No comments:

Post a Comment