Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Sunday, August 11, 2019

HALLOWEEN ALREADY!


I had to run into town to the Dollar Store for more poster board around 4 p.m.; then I hopped over to JoAnn’s to find a Gold Glitter Pen … and walked out $25 poorer when I didn’t find one: I bought a Letterboard & Letters instead – thinking about replacing my huge crocheted Frosty that I have been using the last 10 years as my Advertising draw:

HALLOWEEN ALREADY AT JOANN'S
LETTERBOARD & LETTERS for 'SOLO LOBO DESIGNS' SIGN

While waiting for traffic to move, a spiffed up young man (he looked like he was on his way to pick up his girl for a date) in the jeep alongside me had the radio blaring - so loud, MY car was actually pulsating - and a song came on that brought back memories of Bob and me, when we were young, and looking forward to a hot date on a hot summer night: and I instantly burst out in tears ... that's how it happens for me; quick and sudden when something triggers the nostalgic slideshow. One minute I am fine - the next, I am a teary mess of tangled emotions.

So, in an attempt to calm down and sooth my mind, I decided to go for a dike hike walk while I was in town; this time I chose the dike trail at 30th ...

PICNIC TABLE IS SOMETHING NEW ...

And Cheryl called to ask if I wanted to go pick more blueberries with her and Mike tomorrow. YES, please!

Picking berries with them - and chatting with them - will be very welcome after the in-laws' upset the other day >:-P


The dike hike on 30th was peaceful – and relatively quiet – I was the only one on the dike trail; until just before I reached the car on my backtracking return.

I think I might do more evening walks … it’s cooler; but I think I’ll wear shoes next time, instead of sandals: I got pebbly grit in my sandals, and that didn’t feel so good. But it was a nice walk; I’m glad I did it.

It was about a 45-minute walk ‘round trip.

I walk pretty fast - which makes my asthmatic lungs work harder than they should, so I hope I burned some calories too ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment