Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Saturday, August 24, 2019

BLANKET ON THE GROUND


Years ago, when Bob got a wrong diagnosis ... I went home and bought 2 cemetery plots in Eden Valley Cemetery.

The diagnosis was wrong - we didn't need the plots after all.

Last August 30th, Bob got another diagnosis: this one wasn't wrong: the plots were needed now.

A few weeks ago, I bought the other 2 plots in the cemetery block where we had the first 2 ... we now own all 4.

There is plenty of room for a fancy stone bench.

But I think I will take a blanket with me instead, on those days I go visit Eden Valley, in the future - where Bob was laid to rest by his parents, the first few years of his life; and his earthen vessel's final resting place, 6 days from now, by me, his wife.

A blanket on the ground would mean more to my Kentucky hillbilly boy than a fancy stone bench.

We had many memorable moments on a blanket on the ground in our early days.

There will be plenty of room for a blanket on the ground: it fits the memories.

A blanket on the ground would make the visit more fitting ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment