Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Monday, July 15, 2019

MOD FALL’S COLORS KITCHEN TOWEL SET


I woke up to rain tap-dancing on my rooftop this morning, so a walk and outside work is delayed until the rain lets up. The forecast says that isn’t going to happen until Thursday …


… so, I got busy making a kitchen towel set for myself.

The towels I have now are getting ratty - cotton yarn does not hold up well; it bleeds out and pills pretty bad over time; so I need new ones.

The towel I worked up today will be a welcome addition to my kitchen, and I like the color combo - that will go nice with my kitchen too; the variegated yarn will highlight my stone floor very nicely:

Leaves Graph I found on Pinterest; and adapted to MOD Kitchen Towel.
Towel Embroidery using the Duplicate Stitch technique.
Fall's color embroidery completed: time to finish knitting towel to length desired.
Back of towel embroidery detail.
.I have hoarded this button for years waiting for the {right} piece of work to use it on - I think it fits this towel ...
Fall's Colors Kitchen Towel/Dishcloth Set completed. I LIKE it ;-)
The stone flooring in my kitchen - it's real stone, not faux stone tiles. I think it is beautiful. Bob indulged me with it when we remodeled the kitchen in September 2017; shortly after buying our home. Understand now why I am keeping the house? EVERYWHERE I look inside & outside our home are mementos of the love my husband lavished upon me.

While working, I happened to lift my head and caught a glimpse of tassels on my Painted Corn plants! It is waaay to early for that. So, I went online to see if I could find out why the corn is showing tassels this early in the game; and read that this occurs when plants are under stress.


I am going to hazard a wild guess here, and think that perhaps my garden plants are stressed because there is no sunshine, and the weather temperature is schizoid due to the depressing gray clouds that NEVER LIFTS or moves along >:-P


All my plants are stressed – not just the corn.



No comments:

Post a Comment