Wedding Song - God Knew That I Needed You

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE MIND - The Amboy Dukes


Bob ...

24 years old.

INCREDIBLY H.O.T.

Drinking a beer.

Smoking a joint.

Blowing smokes rings ...

Three rings through the first ring.

Me.

17 years old.

Watching my Babe show off.

Thinking, "There's potential here in a year or two." LOL!

We WERE SO SPACED OUT.

We declared our love - got married - had a daughter - settled down.

We grew up.

There was potential.

The beer and joints went the way of bell bottom pants and chukka beads.

And we lived happily ever after.

For 44 wonderful, potential laden years.

And to this day, whenever I hear this song, I think of that hot July day.

When Bob was 24.

And I was 17.

And our whole life was before us ...

No comments:

Post a Comment